Reporting to the Output Editor (Video and Audio), this is a key role that will help to ensure Sky Sports remains the destination of choice for sports fans, creates revenue opportunities and continues to add value to the Sky Sports subscription.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for imagery, headlines, synopsis and final publish of video on Sky Sports digital platforms (www.skysports.com, Sky Sports Mobile applications, Sky Go and Sky Q), and third party distribution channels
- Check and revise where necessary our video and other media content to tight deadlines, ensuring our output is presented to the highest possible standards and in keeping with the tone, Sky Sports house style and editorial direction of our digital platforms
- Help curate the video display pages of the Sky Sports Digital platforms, with emphasis on promoting valued content (most-watched, key rights portfolio, magazine shows, business priorities)
- Collaborate with multiple areas of Sky Sports Digital and wider Content Teams to ensure we are producing aligned and consistent content that showcases the best of Sky Sports and supports specific business KPIs
- Support the planning and delivery of live streams for sport to multiple digital and social platforms
- Occasionally source, edit and produce vibrant sports content of the highest standard
- Propose innovative and editorially sound programme/feature ideas for all platforms
- Maintain a good knowledge of current sporting issues, stories and rival publishers
- Support your line manager in delivery of audio content, primarily podcasts, to Sky Sports and third-party distribution platforms
- Occasionally deputise for the Output Editor –Digital Video and Audio Output when on leave or absent – and represent the team in wider planning meetings
What you'll bring:
- General understanding and experience of video and audio editing and a passion for and experience of sports podcast production
- Demonstrable passion and knowledge for sport, in particular football.
- Working knowledge of web content management systems and video publishing software.
- Solid writing skills and expert understanding of grammar, spelling & journalistic principles.
- Be highly motivated and creative and possess a calm, detailed and methodical approach
- Experience working in a fast-paced editorial environment (ideally a market-leading high traffic digital service, sports broadcaster or major news agency) with tight deadlines
- Clear and logical decision-making under extreme time pressure
- Ability to work well with staff at all levels
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are mandatory
- A strong work ethic, a willingness to work unsociable hours and a desire to get involved in all aspects of the business when necessary
- Knowledge of KPIs for video consumption
- Knowledge of UK Sports podcast market
- An understanding of digital analytics packages
- Possess a working knowledge of Media Law
- Degree or equivalent qualification (NCTJ) in Media communications or English
- Experience of video sub editing
- Keen interest in developments in digital publishing.
- Experience of platform management
Sky Sports News
We shape sports news, bringing fresh, creative and innovative ways of telling stories to our customers. Our multi-platform approach means we reach a diverse group of customers across a wide range of platforms.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
How you'll work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We've adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You'll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
Your office base:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
We are a Disability Confident Accredited Employer, and welcome and encourage applications from all candidates. We will look to ensure a fair and consistent experience for all, and will make reasonable adjustments to support you where appropriate. Please flag any adjustments you need to your recruiter as early as you can.