Who we are and what we do
Audinate leads the world in networked media with our "Dante" technology which is used extensively in professional audio & video applications, including live events, broadcast, entertainment venues and communication systems.
Dante harnesses the power of IT networking to make AV better, replacing the need for specialised point-to-point analogue and digital connections. With audio and video making up so much of our daily lives, we play an important role in every great audio visual moment. The Dante technology embedded in popular AV products makes it possible for users to connect sound and vision like never before.
You’ll find us in the largest companies and institutions like the Sydney Opera House, NFL Media Headquarters, Microsoft, major universities and even a 900-year old cathedral featured in Harry Potter.
What you’ll be working on
As a Junior Quality Assurance Engineer at Audinate, you will help shape the future direction of quality for our products in a collaborative Agile environment by working closely with Engineering teams to ensure successful project completion. If you’re the kind of person who likes their work to be tangible, having a recognisable impact both internally and in the industry then this might be the role for you.
Our QAs collaborate with developers to deliver high quality products using a mixture of manual and automated tests. We predominantly write tests in Python – depending on your level of experience you might be a ‘pro’ at this or able to develop this skill on the job. We try to maintain and incrementally improve our infrastructure to give us the best results. We like to work with manufacturers and end users to reproduce issues they may find and deliver solutions that addresses their needs.
How we work
We collaborate in-person every week in our office in Louvain-la-Neuve and have some flexibility to work from home. We also work remotely alongside engineering colleagues in the UK and Australia.
- Develop and execute functional/automated tests
- Work closely with the development team to understand technical designs
- Debug issues and provide input for bug fixes
- Help set up and maintain test infrastructure (automated and manual)
- Work across a broad range of technologies
- Assist in the development of automation suites for multiple products
- Perform functional/regression tests for non-automated tests
- BSc/MSc in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or a related discipline
- Interest in or knowledge of networking and able to work with tools like Wireshark
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fluid environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Prior experience with embedded devices
- Understanding of hardware, including reading schematics and circuit debugging
- Knowledge of one or more of C/C++, Jenkins, Selenium, TestRail, JIRA, Hypervisors and Docker
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Experience working closely with development and product teams
What you’ll experience with us
With us, your ambition extends as far as our reach. Working alongside experts and enthusiasts from different backgrounds, you’ll refine your skills as we define our products. We’ll experience and share a purpose we can see and hear as we pioneer the future of AV together.
In addition to a competitive salary, annual bonus and equity incentive plan, you’ll experience our diverse, values-based culture and a range of benefits such as flexible working through to volunteering leave.