Moonbug is a next generation entertainment company that has cemented itself in the children's media space. Would you like to be part of the next frontier of inspiring and engaging stories to kids around the world?
Founded in 2018, with primary offices in London and Los Angeles, Moonbug creates, produces and publishes thousands of minutes of video and audio content every month with the goal of teaching compassion, empathy and resilience. We are a fast-paced global company, and have already grown to become the largest kids’ entertainment company on digital platforms in the world. Some of our existing titles include global sensations CoComelon, Blippi, Little Baby Bum, Morphle, Supa Strikas, ARPO and many more which are available in 32 languages and can be viewed on more than 100 platforms globally.
Moonbug is part of Candle Media, an independent, creator-friendly home for cutting-edge, high-quality, category-defining brands and franchises. Candle is run by leading entertainment executives Kevin Mayer and Tom Staggs, and backed by investment capital from funds managed by Blackstone’s flagship private equity business.
Moonbug is seeking a Communications Manager to support its growing Comms function. This newly created position will play a central role in supporting the development of Moonbug’s brand and reputation and will provide the right candidate with opportunities to make significant contributions to the brand’s ultimate success.
The successful candidate will have a passion for the entertainment business and experience in building and protecting brands with stakeholders and audiences. They will also be an excellent communicator and skilled in copywriting, influencer relations strategy and media relations across corporate, trade and consumer media.
Reporting to the Communications Director, this is an exciting role in building the voice and brand of Moonbug.
- Together with the Communications Director, the Communications Manager will devise corporate and consumer communications campaigns and strategies to generate positive coverage and maximise exposure for Moonbug and its brands
- Responsible for drafting accurate PR media materials that drive coverage, including toolkits, press releases, Q&A documents, presentations and statements
- In charge of day-to-day communication with the business unit teams on PR activity and needs, encouraging creative and innovative approaches and coming up with creative ideas to publicise the work of the different business units
- Influencer relations: advise and own influencer campaigns that will help elevate Moonbug’s brands
- Help oversee agency and external resources, ensuring they are briefed in a timely manner and campaigns deliver against business goals
- Establish and maintain a network of contacts with the media: key trade titles, national and regional newspapers, supplements, magazines, broadcast media, and online outlets
- Be the point of contact for Awards entries, working where relevant with the comms agency
- Support speaking opportunities and events where necessary
- Maintain external awareness of the market by monitoring media for competitor activity and potential opportunities for Moonbug
- Track coverage and ensure reporting is up to date and reflective of the results that the team has generated
- Develop internal comms material such as articles for the intranet or Slack channels
- Create content for LinkedIn and provide counsel on posts
- Assist with the organisation of relevant internal events/activity
- Evaluate activity and campaigns, collecting and examining data to assess the impact of the PR work, and sharing learnings with the comms team as well as senior management
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a dynamic and fast paced comms environment, either agency side or in-house
- Proven experience delivering strategic communications projects across corporate, consumer and digital communications
- Expert in media and influencer relations
- Excellent writing skills
- A strong knowledge of digital, technology, entertainment / media industries would be an advantage, but not essential
- Ability to communicate complex ideas concisely and accurately in a compelling way for multiple target audiences across a range of channels
- Growth mindset, and collaborative nature
- Enjoy a fast-paced working environment
- Be pro-active by nature
- Moving between high-strategy and small details
- Great understanding of what constitutes “best in class” communications
- Calm and creative approach to problem-solving
- Flawless attention to detail
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely organised and with an ability to prioritise
- Capable of operating within lean environments
- Used to working to strict deadlines and on own initiative
- Accustomed to multi-task and ability to work cross-functionally across different departments
- Experience working for an entertainment company, ideally within the kids’ space is a plus, but not essential