Who We Are:
Launched in 2012, IMG Arena leveraged our rights expertise to pioneer the mainstream introduction of official data rights. We paved the way for a new revenue stream for our Rightsholder clients, whilst at the same time delivering greater value to the sports betting industry. We have gone on to expand our sports betting product suite with the addition of Event Centres and Official Virtual Sports. At IMG Arena the job is yours. We want you to be yourself. We are focused on building an inclusive and empowering environment that’s welcoming for everyone, where you are trusted and empowered to do what you’re good at. It’s your arena and your opportunity to shape it and your career. You’ll have the opportunity to pick up the latest technology, develop your own ideas and run with them. There’s loads of room for improvement and innovation. You get to prove and own the process from start to finish.
Endeavor is a global sports and entertainment company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency WME; sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation, sports operations & advisory, event & experiences management, media production & distribution, experiential marketing and brand licensing.
IMG ARENA is the premium provider of official sports content services to the betting and
digital media industries. They have close partnerships with a diverse range of international
sports federations and associations including the ATP, MLS, PGA, European Tour, NHL,
UFC, EFL and others.
Here at IMG Arena we’re looking for an experienced Scala Developer to join our growing
sports data development team and fill a senior technical role. We are continuing to build out
a development group responsible for supporting our fast-growing sports data business. The
Senior Back-End Developer is a key member tasked with further development of our
platform to distribute low-latency, highly reliable, sporting data to our substantial customer
IMG ARENA are looking for candidates who have a passion for collaboration, quality,
performance and rapid delivery, people who thrive in an environment founded on the
strengths of Agile and XP and a culture where you’re able to continually contribute to the
technical direction of the department.
Reports to: Lead Developer
Location: Chiswick, London
Salary: Negotiable, based upon experience.
You will be responsible for the following:
● Taking ownership of complex technical issues.
● Working together with the rest of the IMG ARENA and other internal/external
partners to define and build new products and features.
● Participate in design/architecture sessions and contribute to the technical
direction of the team and department.
● Implement new products and features according to their acceptance criteria, as
well as maintaining and improving the existing features/codebase.
● Help define, maintain and improve ways of working.
● Several years of professional software development experience in Scala with a
strong bias for quality and engineering excellence.
● Significant experience developing with multiple JVM technologies/ libraries (e.g.
Akka, Hazelcast, etc).
● Strong experience with relational databases, ideally Postgres.
● Experience working with, and deploying to, cloud services (especially AWS)
● Knowledge of working with build pipelines and continuous deployment models
● Experience in building globally scalable software architecture.
● Great design and problem-solving skills, with demonstrable experience in
building simple implementations to complex problems and object-oriented
● Knowledge and experience in developing web services that are robust and
● Sound API design skills and knowledge of HTTP principles.
● Experience of working in a large scale b2b organisation
● Approachable and a strong communicator
● Interest in start-up culture & being involved with a dynamic & growing team
● Passion for sport
Endeavor unites and brings people together in our love of sport, culture, and entertainment. We understand this can only be accomplished when we lead with a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. As a global company that drives culture, we strive to reflect the world’s diverse voices.
Endeavor is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.