IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience. With over 50 years of history as a global innovator in entertainment technology, our employees and their careers have constantly gone beyond the ordinary at IMAX. We combine proprietary technology with industry-leading knowledge and relationships with top studios and filmmakers to create theatrical experiences that take audiences beyond the edge of their seats to a world they never imagined. IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies and continues to push the boundaries of entertainment experiences beyond blockbusters and into exciting new directions.
Come explore IMAX – where innovation, creativity and passion come together. Get inspired, get involved, and ignite your future with IMAX!
About the Role
As a software developer for the world’s leading provider of premium theatre visual and audio systems, the successful candidate will act as a software developer/engineer, designing new and supporting/maintaining existing products.
What You'll Do:
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Develop and implement alternative design approaches
- Identify product/service innovations and develop, quote, and implement solutions to meet special customer requirements and requests
- Contribute towards software architecture design for new product development
- Conduct research and studies for specific projects as requested
- Provide professional feedback/comments at design and code reviews
- Contribute to the suit of unit and/or system test beds
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering
- 3+ years’ software engineering and software design experience, with the ability to formally document requirements, designs, and implementations
- 3+ years’ professional experience with C# and C++ programming using .NET framework
- Experienced with developing communications software using proprietary customer or industry standard protocols
- 3+ years of network programming, TCP/UDP, sockets, FTP, Web Service and SNMP
- Good understanding of OOD methodologies, design patterns
- Fluent in at least one database design and development (MySQL, SQLite, Oracle, Sybase)
- Image processing, pattern recognition with MATLAB/OpenCV experience is an asset
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience working in Scrum/Agile and waterfall teams
- Hands on approach (like to be in labs interacting with hardware)
- Demonstrable teamwork skills
- Strong motivation for excellence
- Be a self-starter who can troubleshoot development/field issues, and propose solution
At IMAX, you will be part of a culture built on respect – we are committed to creating a welcoming and diverse atmosphere across our organization.
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.