Project Coordinator - Thailand
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world’s most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe provides localisation and delivery services to Cinema and Streaming Platform clients all over the globe. The role of Project Coordinator is essential to bringing some of the world’s best technology and people together to make it happen.
The primary focus of the Project Coordinator is to plan and coordinate a variety of subtitling projects for major video streaming platforms, supporting the Client Services team in the APAC region.
You will be working together with our distributed workforce and client-appointed translators to ensure the completion of subtitling tasks, liaising with client representatives internationally, and monitoring and managing the lifecycle of subtitling projects while maintaining confidentiality, and identifying and flagging any issues requiring escalation. You will be expected to build and maintain strong relationships with strategic partners and work cross-functionally with Client Services, Global Project Coordination, Global Translator Management & Community Engagement, Linguistic Quality, Product, and Technical Operations teams globally.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor the end-to-end production lifecycle of subtitling projects, including:
- Processing work requests
- Planning workflows and milestones
- Setting up projects in our proprietary cloud-based platform
- Booking translators
- Negotiating internal deadlines with various production teams
- Balancing internal capacity with external demands and expectations in a fast-paced environment
- Ensure on-time delivery of quality subtitles, strictly respecting the deadlines and specifications set by each Deluxe client
- Interpret incoming details of project specifications to ensure projects are set up and executed accurately, liaising with colleagues from worldwide production departments to determine effective and efficient workflows
- Liaise with the Client Services team, translators and territory affiliates regarding project status and requirements, obtaining and circulating all necessary information
- Proactively identify and resourcefully troubleshoot potential issues with projects in progress
- Comply with, as well as clearly and accurately communicate all client requirements for each project to production teams, external freelance resources and client-appointed translators
- Resolve technical flags and pending queries from internal production departments and external stakeholders (i.e. translators, client territories)
- Manage custom payments for atypical tasks performed by external freelance resources
- Coordinate redeliveries and rejections, identify their causes, complete Corrective Action Reports where applicable, and propose solutions to meet KPI targets.
Experience, Qualifications & Key Competencies.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills across all levels
- Knowledge of a second language is an advantage
- Broad cultural knowledge and wide range of interests
- Proven experience and an understanding of localisation, particularly in subtitling for media & entertainment distribution channels
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex, large scale and high-profile projects and tasks
- Experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Team player, ability to multitask and work under pressure of deadlines
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects
- Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends if needed to meet specific project deadlines
- A degree in Media, Communications, Translation or Linguistics (or applicable equivalent) is an advantage
- Background in audiovisual and film production/post-production is an asset
- Sound technical knowledge, with an excellent command of Microsoft Windows systems, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google G-Suite
- Previous experience in cloud-based platforms for localisation services is an advantage.
Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, based on race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.