IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience. With over 50 years of history as a global innovator in entertainment technology, our employees and their careers have constantly gone beyond the ordinary at IMAX. We combine proprietary technology with industry-leading knowledge and relationships with top studios and filmmakers to create theatrical experiences that take audiences beyond the edge of their seats to a world they never imagined. IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies and continues to push the boundaries of entertainment experiences beyond blockbusters and into exciting new directions.
Come explore IMAX – where innovation, creativity and passion come together. Get inspired, get involved, and ignite your future with IMAX!
About the Role
As our Sales Engineer you will take ownership of the technical aspect of the sales engagement; technical expertise will be relied upon for advancing the sales cycle, ensuring customer success, and conducting demonstrations.
What You'll Do:
- Own the technical relationship with customers, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and coordination with the engineering and product management groups
- Provide technical pre-sales support during the evaluation of our software solution
- Consult on technical features and workflows within the context of the client’s environment and goals
- Deliver on-site and web-based presentations to broad audiences
- Help identify new business opportunities
- Provide feedback to Product Management and Engineering on product functionality and future enhancements
- Travel to client sites throughout the assigned region
- Report and communicate key takeaways with team members, management and stakeholders
- Work hands-on with customers to demonstrate and prototype our client’s product integrations in customer/partner environments
- Recommend integration strategies required to successfully implement a complete solution using our client’s products
What You'll Need:
- College/University Degree or Diploma in Engineering, IT, Computer Science, or equivalent related work experience
- 5+ years of experience in a client-facing Sales Engineering role preferably in the Broadcast, Cable and/or telecom industries
- Working knowledge of various technologies used in VOD and Live OTT video distribution including video and audio compression (Mpeg2,Mpeg4, HEVC, Dolby, AAC and ABR transcoding), Transport and Encryption (ASI, SDI, SCTE 2022, SCTE 35, and other SCTE standards) DRM and CDN functions and cloud based services and architectures
- Experience with cloud based encoding solutions such as AWS Elemental Media Convert or Bitmovin
- Experience with any of the 3 main hyperscalers: AWS, Google, or Microsoft
- Knowledge in major technical disciplines necessary for the end-to-end system design, analysis, integration and testing of various digital video broadcast and delivery systems
- Familiarity with containerization technologies Kubernetes, Docker
- Familiarity with REST API’s, ideally building workflows with Postman
- Exposure to video processing algorithms and libraries such as FFmpeg, LAV
- Familiar with DirectShow filters
Nice to Have:
- Strong presentation skills
- Driven to succeed with the ability to work well independently but comfortable in a collaborative, team driven environment
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to translate technical knowledge for different audiences
At IMAX, you will be part of a culture built on respect – we are committed to creating a welcoming and diverse atmosphere across our organization.
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.