IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience. With over 50 years of history as a global innovator in entertainment technology, our employees and their careers have constantly gone beyond the ordinary at IMAX. We combine proprietary technology with industry-leading knowledge and relationships with top studios and filmmakers to create theatrical experiences that take audiences beyond the edge of their seats to a world they never imagined. IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies and continues to push the boundaries of entertainment experiences beyond blockbusters and into exciting new directions.
Come explore IMAX – where innovation, creativity and passion come together. Get inspired, get involved, and ignite your future with IMAX!
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Director, Taxation, this role will provide the candidate an opportunity to use their Canadian domestic and international tax expertise in an evolving environment to:
- Manage, co-ordinate and advise on the Canadian domestic and international tax aspects of IMAX’s business
- Be exposed to and involved in establishing global platform for growth
- Work cross functionally with legal, treasury, operational teams and globally within IMAX
The candidate will perform tax planning an compliance activities relating to Canada, US and international jurisdictions with the objective of minimizing tax, report on these activities , manage the functions involved, supervise tax staff and external tax professionals and deal directly with customers and tax authorities on tax related issues.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for Canadian tax function for the IMAX Group, including tax research and planning aimed at minimizing the company’s Canadian tax position and minimizing tax exposure
- Manage and advise on international aspects of the Canadian tax with particular emphasis on withholding taxes and double tax treaty analysis
- Work on transfer pricing arrangements to develop, implement and monitor transfer pricing policies relating to global operations
- Responsible for all Canadian tax compliance and administration, including review of all income tax returns prepared by external consultant
- Provide and assist with audit defense arising from Canadian federal and provincial tax audits, as wells as other jurisdictions
- Advise senior management and business units on the impact of new and proposed tax laws, decisions, regulations and rulings
- Assist in yearend and quarter end tax provision and financial reporting process under US GAAP; includes assistance with preparation of projected effective tax rate and of work papers to support quarterly and year-end income tax account balances and annual effective tax rate. Assist with acquisition related income tax/purchase price accounting
- Address ad hoc income tax queries, including queries related to employee taxable benefits
- Manage Sales and US and Excise taxes – Manage Sales and Use Tax Consultant and Excise Tax issues as they arise and provide answers on ad hoc queries
- Required to deal with occasional employee related tax issues, including payroll tax issues and stock option issues
- Take action necessary to maintain a clean and safe working environment for self and others
At IMAX, you will be part of a culture built on respect – we are committed to creating a welcoming and diverse atmosphere across our organization.
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.