IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience. With over 50 years of history as a global innovator in entertainment technology, our employees and their careers have constantly gone beyond the ordinary at IMAX. We combine proprietary technology with industry-leading knowledge and relationships with top studios and filmmakers to create theatrical experiences that take audiences beyond the edge of their seats to a world they never imagined. IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies and continues to push the boundaries of entertainment experiences beyond blockbusters and into exciting new directions.
Come explore IMAX – where innovation, creativity and passion come together. Get inspired, get involved, and ignite your future with IMAX!
About the Role
As a member of the Floor Staff team at the IMAX® Theater in Sacramento, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the best possible guest experience from the moment people enter the theatre to after they leave. You’ll be welcoming guests to the IMAX® Theater, controlling the traffic flow in the lobby and auditorium, cleaning the lobby, auditorium, and concessions stand and taking/selling tickets or working in the concessions stand.
What You'll Do:
• Knowing and operating the POS system to sell tickets and concessions to guests
• Providing effective customer service, including greeting, directing, ticket-taking, announcements, opening doors and any other customer service duties as required
• Ensuring the concession stands, lobby, workstations, washrooms, and theatres are clean, stocked and well-maintained between shows
• Additional responsibilities as required
What You'll Need:
• Availability on nights and weekends
• Previous customer service experience is an asset, but not mandatory
Nice to Have:
• Demonstrate the ability to interact with the public and co-workers in a friendly, enthusiastic, and outgoing manner
• Follow safe workplace practices in a fast-paced environment
• Use critical thinking/problem solving skills to effectively resolve customer issues and/or effectively communicate those issues to managers
Perks of the job:
• Free movie passes for you and your family
• Located in the heart of Sacramento
• All you can consume popcorn and soda
• Flexible work environment
• Pay rate starting at $15.50 USD per hour, rates may vary and will be determined on an individual basis
Compensation:0.00 - 15.50
At IMAX, you will be part of a culture built on respect – we are committed to creating a welcoming and diverse atmosphere across our organization.
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.