IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience. With over 50 years of history as a global innovator in entertainment technology, our employees and their careers have constantly gone beyond the ordinary at IMAX. We combine proprietary technology with industry-leading knowledge and relationships with top studios and filmmakers to create theatrical experiences that take audiences beyond the edge of their seats to a world they never imagined. IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies and continues to push the boundaries of entertainment experiences beyond blockbusters and into exciting new directions.
Come explore IMAX – where innovation, creativity and passion come together. Get inspired, get involved, and ignite your future with IMAX!
What You'll Do:
- Reporting to the SVP, Tax & Treasury, lead the quarterly and annual tax provision reporting process including the consolidation of global legal entity tax provisions in accordance with US GAAP and coordinate with external auditors to manage their quarterly review and year end audit requirements
- Implement internal tax processes and coordinate with internal teams regarding tax forecasting and cash repatriation
- Manage the CRA and other tax audits coordinating team responses
- Assist with transfer pricing policies for the IMAX group
- Responsible for the review of Canadian corporate tax returns
- Assist with M&A and post-acquisition integration activities including tax due diligence, structuring and review of agreements
- Advise on the tax and tax accounting impact of unusual transactions, new business ventures and assess the impact of new proposed tax legislation
- Work with SVP, Tax & Treasury on ad hoc projects requiring tax analysis and reporting
What You'll Need:
- 6+ years of combined corporate tax experience in industry and public accounting with a proven track record managing Canadian and international tax issues and compliance
- Chartered Professional Accountant with completion of the CPA In depth Tax Course (or equivalent)
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP and tax accounting
- Must have excellent spreadsheet skills. Detail-oriented and ability to clearly document analysis and conclusions
- Experience with SAP and reporting tools is an asset
Nice To Have:
- Strong team player that creates a collaborative environment building internal and external relationships with cross functional teams
- Curiosity and interest in the business to proactively identify tax planning opportunities and improvements in the tax function
- Ability to work independently and prioritize and manage multiple and shifting priorities to produce timely deliverables
- Takes ownership for the external reporting process developing and managing the process
- Good verbal and written communication skills to distill complex tax concepts for non-tax business partners
At IMAX, you will be part of a culture built on respect – we are committed to creating a welcoming and diverse atmosphere across our organization.
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.