IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience. With over 50 years of history as a global innovator in entertainment technology, our employees and their careers have constantly gone beyond the ordinary at IMAX. We combine proprietary technology with industry-leading knowledge and relationships with top studios and filmmakers to create theatrical experiences that take audiences beyond the edge of their seats to a world they never imagined. IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies and continues to push the boundaries of entertainment experiences beyond blockbusters and into exciting new directions.
Come explore IMAX – where innovation, creativity and passion come together. Get inspired, get involved, and ignite your future with IMAX!
About the Role
The Sr. Manager Human Resources Business Partner will have strong business acumen and proven success translating business needs into HR strategy having worked with business leaders to shape and take their organizations to the next level.
The ideal candidate must have demonstrated excellence in: communication, negotiation, influencing and consulting skills at all levels in an organization; using analytics to evaluate alternative solutions or approaches to problem solving and decision making; creating and implementing change management plans; presenting solid proposals/recommendations for client groups; and managing conflicts. A strong working knowledge of general Human Resources policies, programs, methods, practices, and procedures related to Employee Relations, Compensation, Benefits, and Performance Management is also important in this role. Please note that this is an in-office position in Mississauga.
What You’ll Do:
- Building effective relationships with business leaders and consulting on business strategy to enhance strategic direction;
- Work with management to develop strategic initiatives to achieve business objectives and translate strategies and plans into the desired operational outcomes;
- Provide expertise and support in collaboration with HR Specialists including Talent Acquisitions, orientation and retention, compensation & benefits management, training & development and organizational development.
- Collaborating with other HR Business Partners and HR functions to develop and propose solutions to organizational challenges;
- Ensures the business/function and legal entity is adhering to all applicable legislation and policies related to employee matters and managing risks and compliance to government standards and Company policy.
- Supports the implementation (including launches) of all HR programs, activities and, annual processes, such as Performance Management and Head Count Budgeting.
- Provide information, analysis, advice and counsel to business leaders on people related trends, focusing on the consequences and implications of the information.
- Identifying and advising on organizational needs that impact roles, people, and processes by Partnering with business leaders in driving the talent management strategies across the business;
- Functioning as a liaison between the business and HR to ensure that HR services are aligned with internal needs;
- Ensuring that a strong leadership and coaching culture permeates the organization, coach and support managers and Human Resources team regarding a variety of issues including; employee performance concerns, restructuring, organizational development, workforce planning, etc.
- Facilitate resolution of employee behavioral concerns such as progressive discipline/corrective action, conflict resolution, and code of conduct complaints by working with managers and employees at IMAX.
- Maintaining a strong knowledge of current HR practices and trends and applying them to the business;
- Applying analytics and metrics to business challenges; Leveraging and promoting existing feedback mechanisms to continuously increase levels of employee engagement and commitment to maintain an engaged workforce and to retain the best talent
What You’ll Need:
- Ideally with a business concentration and/or Human Resources designation (CHRP)
- A human resources generalist with a minimum of seven years’ experience including work experience in an HR Business Partner/ Relationship management role aligned with a business unit.
- History of partnering closely and collaboratively with all business functions
- Viewed as an equal partner in business decisions with senior leadership team
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with management through a pro-active customer focused approach, responding to the operating and bottom-line needs of the business.
- An excellent communicator, with the ability to operate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Action-oriented, possessing a high degree of energy and initiative and known to have a knack for getting things done.
- Experience working with business leaders and employees globally in an international capacity
- Creative Problem-Solver: can assimilate information from a variety of sources to reach a logical conclusion.
At IMAX, you will be part of a culture built on respect – we are committed to creating a welcoming and diverse atmosphere across our organization.
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.