WHAT'S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
Are you interested in joining DAZN's Broadcast Orchestration team as a software engineer? If so, you'll be an essential part of our team, helping us transform our live streaming services from on-prem to a cloud-based, event-driven system. In this role, you'll be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and deploying microservices to the cloud. You'll collaborate with other engineers, architects, and stakeholders to ensure our systems are efficient, reliable, and meet our customers' performance requirements.
To excel in this role, you'll need experience with cloud-based architectures, particularly AWS Lambda and related services like API Gateway, DynamoDB, S3, and CloudFormation. You should also be comfortable with serverless architectures, event-driven programming, and asynchronous messaging patterns. You'll need a strong understanding of software engineering principles, design patterns, clean code, and test-driven development. We'll expect you to write high-quality code in Typescript, Node.Js
, and some scripting in Python.
If you're passionate about building resilient, scalable, and fault-tolerant systems in the cloud, then we want to hear from you! Join our team of talented engineers and help us revolutionize the way people watch live sports events.
In this position, you'll have the opportunity to work remotely with occasional visits to our Hammersmith/Leeds office for collaborative sessions and team meetings. You'll enjoy numerous benefits, including access to DAZN, 25 days of annual leave (increasing by three days after three years), annual performance-related bonuses, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, enhanced parental leave, and free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind). You'll also have access to our internal speaker series and events, learning and development resources, and flexible working opportunities.
AS OUR NEW SOFTWARE ENGINEER, YOU’LL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Work as part of a new DevOps squad to build new and maintain existing microservices in AWS.
- Design and build API’s that internal and external systems will integrate with to automate our video and metadata workflows.
- Make use of AWS services such as step-functions and code-build to help deliver event-based broadcasting.
- Build and maintain CICD pipelines using github actions
- Make use of IAC tools such as Terraform and CDK to deploy new and maintain existing cloud services.
- Use test driven development methodologies to ensure safe and reliable deployments into production!
- Provision cloud native video processing workflows that make use of AWS technologies such as AWS MediaPackage, MediaLive and MediaConnect
- Produce clear and concise technical documentation including operational runbooks, configuring dashboards and alerts.
YOU’LL BE SET UP FOR SUCCESS IF YOU HAVE:
- Demonstrable programming experience with at least one modern language (preferably in Typescript, Node.js or Python)
- Practical experience designing and building REST APIs
- Experience with AWS core services such as IAM, S3, API-GW, DynamoDB, Lambda, Route53
- Experience automating software deployments using CICD pipelines such as GitHub actions, bamboo
- Experience provisioning infrastructure using tools such as Terraform, CDK, CloudFormation
- Practical knowledge of system architectures and networking TCP/IP
- Experience working in an agile engineering team
- Be self-driven to learn new skills, new technologies and operations. You may not know some of the broadcast technologies we use yet, but we’ll teach you our specific areas drawing from the subject matter experts within the team.
EVEN BETTER IF YOU HAVE:
- Practical experience designing and building state machines and event driven architectures – using AWS step functions, Eventbridge or equivalent
· Some UI experience (REACT, NEXT.JS
, HTML, CSS)
- Experience with video technologies such as HTTP live streaming, MPEG DASH.
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So, if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team,you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
DAZN VALUES – THE ‘HOW’ IN WHAT WE DO:
AMBITIOUS – people who want to make a big impact and drive DAZN forward. People who move fast and make success happen.
INVENTIVE – people with bright ideas who deliver great new experiences for our customers – and improvements for our business. People who come up with better, simpler ways of doing things.
PASSIONATE – people who are proud of our product, out content and our business – and love to shout about it. People who love what they do and show commitment every day.
BRAVE – people who take difficult decisions to help us focus on improving DAZN, our performance and our results. People who will take on challenges no matter what is in front of them.
SUPPORTIVE – people who know that we achieve more as a team than as individuals. People value inclusion and look out for each other, helping their colleagues enjoy their work and develop their careers. People who consider others before making decisions.
At DAZN, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that values equality and diversity, where everyone can contribute and have their voices heard. This means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities.
Everyone has the opportunity to make change and impact our DEI journey by joining our ERGs: Proud@DAZN, Women@DAZN, Disability@DAZN and ParentZone.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.