DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans. Our new Hyderabad tech hub will be the engine that drives us forward to the future. We’re pushing boundaries and doing things no-one has done before. Here, you have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen - to make a difference for our customers. When you join DAZN you will work on projects that impact millions of lives thanks to your critical contributions to our global products
- Work as an Application Support Engineer in the OTT ads team, with a focus on developing and maintaining dashboards using tools like New Relic and Conviva.
- Monitor the dashboards regularly to ensure the smooth operation of the OTT ad system and promptly identify any issues or anomalies.
- Deep dive into issues in real-time by quickly assembling new dashboards on-the-fly, leveraging the available monitoring and analytics tools.
- Gather & analyze metrics from respective systems (Client, Server, Interfacing systems - external and internal) and applications/service/components to assist in fault finding & improvement w.r.t. stability/reliability in the given landscape and constraints.
- Analyze application and CloudWatch logs, DynamoDB data, and Optimizely configurations to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Make configuration changes following pre-defined Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to optimize performance or address issues.
- Participate in new feature requirements, design & architecture, capacity planning discussions and capture requirements for system stability, reliability, performance and availability - and contribute to plan and implement them at required phases.
- Utilize shell scripting to automate repetitive tasks and streamline support processes.
- Collaborate with the development team to enhance and improve the existing dashboards, adding new features and functionalities as needed.
- Participate in the development of custom monitoring and alerting solutions to proactively identify and address potential issues.
- Create, update, and maintain detailed documentation, including troubleshooting guides, knowledge base articles, and best practices.
- Identify opportunities for automation within the support workflow and actively work towards implementing automation solutions.
- Collaborate with SOC analysts and L1 support team members, providing guidance and upskilling them on relevant technologies and processes.
- Effectively manage time and prioritize tasks to handle escalated issues and meet support objectives.
- Adapt to rotational shifts to provide support coverage across different time zones as required.
- Drive self and teams towards holistic observability for given IT systems that help catch issues proactively.
- Create sustainable systems/services through automation and reduce toil in operations.
- Working knowledge on Cloud. Experience working with AWS services like EC2, CloudWatch (Logs & Monitoring), CloudTrail, S3, Athena, AWS ECS w.r.t monitoring, debugging, troubleshooting and creating dashboards as needed.
- Application Support: Proficiency in providing technical support for applications. Experience in OTT ads domain good to have. Proactive approach to identify stability/performance/scalability bottlenecks and suggest improvement recommendations.
- Dashboard Development: Experience in developing and maintaining dashboards using tools like New Relic and Conviva, with the ability to enhance and add new features. Experience in Monitoring Tools (not just dashboarding, but also instrumentation), Diagnostic tools – Conviva/ New Relic / AppDynamics / Dynatrace / Kibana / Grafana / Native Monitoring tools/utilities in Windows/Linux
- Troubleshooting and Deep Dive Analysis: Strong analytical skills to investigate and resolve complex issues, leveraging real-time dashboards and ad hoc dashboard creation. Experience debugging quality of experience metrics of any given system with engineering mindset (rather than simply reporting issues). Min 4+ years of experience in APM, Problem Identification & Tuning.
- Log Analysis: Familiarity with analyzing application and CloudWatch logs to identify and resolve issues.
- Database and Configuration Management: Knowledge of DynamoDB and experience with managing configurations using tools like Optimizely. Ability to understand SLO/SLI/SLA and Error Budgets for a given system and implement specific dashboards.
- Shell Scripting: Proficiency in shell scripting (e.g., Bash) to automate tasks and streamline support processes. Min 4+ years of experience in writing scripts (Unix shell scripting/python or equivalent) to automate mundane tasks.
- Development Collaboration: Ability to collaborate effectively with the development team, contributing to the enhancement and improvement of dashboards. Min 4+ years of experience in either of Web / Microservices / Client-Server / SOA / Messaging / Cloud systems performance/scalability/reliability aspects.
- Custom Monitoring Solutions: Experience in developing custom monitoring and alerting solutions to proactively identify and address potential issues.
- Documentation: Ability to create, update, and maintain detailed documentation, including troubleshooting guides, knowledge base articles, and best practices.
- Automation Mindset: Proactive approach to identify automation opportunities and work towards their implementation.
- Collaboration and Mentoring: Strong collaboration skills to work with SOC analysts and provide guidance and upskilling to L1 support team members.
- Time Management and Rotational Shifts: Efficient time management skills and flexibility to work in rotational shifts to provide support coverage.
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So, if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team,you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
DAZN VALUES – THE ‘HOW’ IN WHAT WE DO:
AMBITIOUS – people who want to make a big impact and drive DAZN forward. People who move fast and make success happen.
INVENTIVE – people with bright ideas who deliver great new experiences for our customers – and improvements for our business. People who come up with better, simpler ways of doing things.
PASSIONATE – people who are proud of our product, out content and our business – and love to shout about it. People who love what they do and show commitment every day.
BRAVE – people who take difficult decisions to help us focus on improving DAZN, our performance and our results. People who will take on challenges no matter what is in front of them.
SUPPORTIVE – people who know that we achieve more as a team than as individuals. People value inclusion and look out for each other, helping their colleagues enjoy their work and develop their careers. People who consider others before making decisions.
At DAZN, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that values equality and diversity, where everyone can contribute and have their voices heard. This means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities.
Everyone has the opportunity to make change and impact our DEI journey by joining our ERGs: Proud@DAZN, Women@DAZN, Disability@DAZN and ParentZone.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.