Do you want to have an impact on a live-stream native app that is used by millions of users across multiple devices on a daily basis? Would you like to be a part of a cutting-edge, talented and friendly team? Here at DAZN we’re laser-focused on becoming the #1 place for sports fans all over the world. Our engineering teams deliver this experience for the most popular consumer platforms on the market, including mobile devices (Android and iOS), living room devices (gaming consoles, TVs, STBs) and web. By joining us you will have a chance to work on a truly global product, with hundreds of thousands of users visiting us every day, expecting high quality solutions and frequent improvements to everyday experience.
The Android team is made up of around 6 Android engineers and 3 SDETs. We introduce new features to our app, we also maintain and extend the existing functionalities so that they are stable, resilient and handy to our users. We put DAZN’s quality as one of our primary objectives. Anything we do is monitored and measured in terms of final user impact and experience.
This role is based in Katowice. We support a remote working model but if you’d like to work from the office – you are more than welcome.
As our new Android Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Implement new features with unit and automated tests & support existing features.
- Take care of the health of the codebase.
- Build a large app according to the Android-SDK standards (multiple Gradle modules).
- Design and deliver tools used by other teams.
- Cooperate with teams across the entire company to deliver critical improvements to the whole platform.
- Experience in implementing Android application in Kotlin.
- Experience in RxJava or alternative multithreading libraries.
- Experience with writing unit (JUnit) tests.
- Stay up to date with the Android SDK changes and trends.
- Ability to propose, own, drive and implement initiatives from ideation until delivery and monitoring.
- Knowledge of monitoring, remote config and experimentation tools.
Benefits will include:
- Access to DAZN streaming service
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Annual leave increasing by 3 days after 3 years
- Private medical insurance (fully financed by DAZN)
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme (Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny)
- MyBenefit platform (MultiSport and thousands of sports, culture or tourism benefits)
- Financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Family-friendly community
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Employee Assistance Program (psychological, managerial, legal and financial counselling)
- Free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind)
- Learning and development resources
- Access to our internal speaker series and events
- High-end laptops (Macs or Windows)
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So, if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team,you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
DAZN VALUES – THE ‘HOW’ IN WHAT WE DO:
AMBITIOUS – people who want to make a big impact and drive DAZN forward. People who move fast and make success happen.
INVENTIVE – people with bright ideas who deliver great new experiences for our customers – and improvements for our business. People who come up with better, simpler ways of doing things.
PASSIONATE – people who are proud of our product, out content and our business – and love to shout about it. People who love what they do and show commitment every day.
BRAVE – people who take difficult decisions to help us focus on improving DAZN, our performance and our results. People who will take on challenges no matter what is in front of them.
SUPPORTIVE – people who know that we achieve more as a team than as individuals. People value inclusion and look out for each other, helping their colleagues enjoy their work and develop their careers. People who consider others before making decisions.
At DAZN, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that values equality and diversity, where everyone can contribute and have their voices heard. This means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities.
Everyone has the opportunity to make change and impact our DEI journey by joining our ERGs: Proud@DAZN, Women@DAZN, Disability@DAZN and ParentZone.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.