DAZN are a leading worldwide sports broadcaster, and we care a lot about reliability. The SRE team based in the UK and India works every day to achieve this, helping our developers reduce pageable events and speed up recovery times when they happen. This leads to happier customers, and happier engineers!
We are growing, and in order to grow well we need Senior SREs to join the team and help lead the way, does this sound like something you could help with?
As a Senior SRE you’ll be focussed on improving the reliability of critical services, which means figuring out how to get the teams to their reliability goals, growing the team by teaching what you know, sharing what you learn and lifting others up to your level and growing yourself by learning every day and setting strong OKRs for yourself.
What will you be doing?
- You will be enabling DAZN teams to Build, Run and Own reliable services by providing end-to-end observability, sharing good practices and asking smart questions. SRE provides Machine Learning to pre-scale AWS workloads to get ahead of the crowds, testing for every element of performance using K6 Cloud, managing error budgets and SLOs using Victoria Metrics, Grafana and statsd; gathering the logs using a centralised solution based on Kinesis.
- All these observability pieces are assembled in New Relic and can page folks when needed via Pagerduty.
- You’ll be writing code constantly in Golang and React deploying it via Github Actions and enriching service data from Manifests included in Github repos, your APIs will be available everywhere via front-ends written in node.js and secured by AAD and HMAC.
- As a Senior SRE you’ll be focussed on improving the reliability of critical services, which means figuring out how to get the teams to their reliability goals, growing the team by teaching what you know, sharing what you learn and lifting others up to your level and growing yourself by learning every day and setting strong OKRs for yourself.
- Every Monday, you might teach the teams something that would help them. Every day you’ll learn from those teams, via BAU or in post-incident reviews, so we can pass this on. Every Friday afternoon you can get together with the wider engineering community for gaming sessions and alternate Friday’s we have a TGIF day, where you can do anything you think is useful for the team, and the company
- Being adaptable and ready for on-call support is essential in our role. It's like being the superhero of our team, ready to swoop in and save the day whenever the need arises.
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So, if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team,you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
DAZN VALUES – THE ‘HOW’ IN WHAT WE DO:
AMBITIOUS – people who want to make a big impact and drive DAZN forward. People who move fast and make success happen.
INVENTIVE – people with bright ideas who deliver great new experiences for our customers – and improvements for our business. People who come up with better, simpler ways of doing things.
PASSIONATE – people who are proud of our product, out content and our business – and love to shout about it. People who love what they do and show commitment every day.
BRAVE – people who take difficult decisions to help us focus on improving DAZN, our performance and our results. People who will take on challenges no matter what is in front of them.
SUPPORTIVE – people who know that we achieve more as a team than as individuals. People value inclusion and look out for each other, helping their colleagues enjoy their work and develop their careers. People who consider others before making decisions.
At DAZN, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that values equality and diversity, where everyone can contribute and have their voices heard. This means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities.
Everyone has the opportunity to make change and impact our DEI journey by joining our ERGs: Proud@DAZN, Women@DAZN, Disability@DAZN and ParentZone.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.