WHAT'S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
You will be joining the DAZN Platform Team. Our role is to reduce the time our business developers spend worrying about infrastructure, security, observability, deployment and other underlying systems.
We develop and maintain a common platform where these things are taken care of, so the business developers can get on writing DAZN’s world-leading product.
We do this using Kubernetes alongside cloud-native components, and third-party tools such as Hashicorp Vault, Github and New Relic among others.
Your days will be spent making sure our services are deployed safely, quickly, cost-effectively and enable self-service build-run-own by the development teams. You’ll be writing and reviewing code, talking with and supporting developers across the world, and working with cool people and systems to get this done.
We are blameless, agile, caring and supportive. We succeed or fail as a team.
HERE'S WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Continuously improve the Platform that underpins DAZN’s services
- Write code, not just YAML or config files
- Help design and build our brand-new cloud-agnostic Platform layer
- Work with modern CNCF technologies like Kubernetes, Envoy, ArgoCD
- Be involved in large scale Cloud deployments, networking, and infrastructure across all 3 major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Improve our authn/authz, security processes and tooling
- Participate, be heard, influence, grow, and make a difference
- Being adaptable and ready for on-call support is essential in our role. It's like being the superhero of our team, ready to swoop in and save the day whenever the need arises.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- An intimate understanding of Experience building, securing, and managing Kubernetes clusters for others to use
- A sound knowledge and experience with containerised or serverless workloads
- Coding experience (we use Golang and TypeScript but any high-level language is good)
- Experience with event-driven / asynchronous designs
- A considerate, inclusive and team player spirit
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLE SKILLS
- Experience with Golang to a good proficiency level
- Experience with Service Mesh technologies like Istio
- Experience in multi-cloud Kubernetes deployments
- Understanding of OAuth/OIDC flows and AuthN/AuthZ in general
- SRE concepts and their practical application
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So, if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team,you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
DAZN VALUES – THE ‘HOW’ IN WHAT WE DO:
AMBITIOUS – people who want to make a big impact and drive DAZN forward. People who move fast and make success happen.
INVENTIVE – people with bright ideas who deliver great new experiences for our customers – and improvements for our business. People who come up with better, simpler ways of doing things.
PASSIONATE – people who are proud of our product, out content and our business – and love to shout about it. People who love what they do and show commitment every day.
BRAVE – people who take difficult decisions to help us focus on improving DAZN, our performance and our results. People who will take on challenges no matter what is in front of them.
SUPPORTIVE – people who know that we achieve more as a team than as individuals. People value inclusion and look out for each other, helping their colleagues enjoy their work and develop their careers. People who consider others before making decisions.
At DAZN, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that values equality and diversity, where everyone can contribute and have their voices heard. This means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities.
Everyone has the opportunity to make change and impact our DEI journey by joining our ERGs: Proud@DAZN, Women@DAZN, Disability@DAZN and ParentZone.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.