Live and breathe sport? Transmission experience in live sports broadcasting? Ready to ‘grand slam’ your way into a brand-new role with one of the fastest growing sports broadcasters in the world?
As our MCR Live Sport Operator, your responsibilities will include broadcasting various live sports events to our unique OTT product. Our OTT channels transmit globally to our various territories, and you’ll take ownership for managing these communications as well as communications between our global production facilities.
We’re a dynamic, evolving ‘live’ environment where no two days are the same. We thrive on the excitement of transmitting seamless sporting events to our subscribers around the world. We are proud of our vibrant Leeds team at the helm of the broadcast arm of the business. So, if you’re also a bit of a chameleon who enjoys adapting to changing business needs, cultures, conditions and work responsibilities, then this could be the role for you!
Due to our live sports schedule, this is a shift-based role so working hours are very flexible including nights, weekends, national and public holidays. Other benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Executing scheduled live events to ensure exact content is broadcast at the correct time
- The Routing and Line up of live streams.
- The Monitoring and quality control of up to 10/30 live events at a time.
- Loading, preparation and transmission of playout schedules
- Ensuring all scheduled media is available for playout each day and communication with the relevant channels if anything is missing/incorrect (e.g. graphics or production)
- Providing support of all Transmission services and equipment.
- Pre-empting all possible faults and a resolution plan ready to minimise ‘on-air’ impact
- Review Workorders in ScheduAll, to ensure technical resources and signals planned are compliant with agreed live delivery procedures.
- Accurate reporting of any on air incidents and technical problems.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience working in transmission.
- Experience working in a live sports environment.
- Operational and technical experience with broadcast automation systems
- Operational knowledge of Dataminer (nice to have)
- Knowledge and passion for Live Sport
- An understanding of the end-to-end broadcast process.
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So, if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team,you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
DAZN VALUES – THE ‘HOW’ IN WHAT WE DO:
AMBITIOUS – people who want to make a big impact and drive DAZN forward. People who move fast and make success happen.
INVENTIVE – people with bright ideas who deliver great new experiences for our customers – and improvements for our business. People who come up with better, simpler ways of doing things.
PASSIONATE – people who are proud of our product, out content and our business – and love to shout about it. People who love what they do and show commitment every day.
BRAVE – people who take difficult decisions to help us focus on improving DAZN, our performance and our results. People who will take on challenges no matter what is in front of them.
SUPPORTIVE – people who know that we achieve more as a team than as individuals. People value inclusion and look out for each other, helping their colleagues enjoy their work and develop their careers. People who consider others before making decisions.
At DAZN, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that values equality and diversity, where everyone can contribute and have their voices heard. This means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities.
Everyone has the opportunity to make change and impact our DEI journey by joining our ERGs: Proud@DAZN, Women@DAZN, Disability@DAZN and ParentZone.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.