DAZN is looking for an experienced Java Developer to join our team. As a Java Developer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining high-performance, scalable, and secure software solutions that power our global sports streaming service. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to understand requirements, design solutions, and deliver high-quality code.
- Software Development: Design, code, test, and debug Java applications, services, and components that power DAZN's streaming platform.
- Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and other developers, to deliver high-quality software solutions.
- Performance Optimization: Optimize and improve the performance, scalability, and reliability of existing Java applications.
- Code Reviews: Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and adherence to coding standards.
- Troubleshooting: Identify and resolve technical issues and bugs in a timely manner.
- Documentation: Maintain clear and comprehensive documentation for code and technical designs.
- Continuous Learning: Stay up to date with the latest Java technologies, best practices, and industry trends.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Minimum Qualifications are 3-8 years of relative programming experience with Core Java
- Proven experience in Java development, including knowledge of Java EE or Spring Framework.
- Strong understanding of software design principles, data structures, and algorithms.
- Experience with RESTful APIs, microservices architecture, and web services.
- Familiarity with database systems (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL databases).
- Proficiency in version control systems (e.g., Git) and build tools (e.g., Maven, Gradle).
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies is a plus.
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure) is a plus.
- Understanding of software development methodologies, such as Agile and Waterfall.
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure) is a mandatory.
- Experience with testing frameworks, such as JUnit and Mockito
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So, if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team,you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
DAZN VALUES – THE ‘HOW’ IN WHAT WE DO:
AMBITIOUS – people who want to make a big impact and drive DAZN forward. People who move fast and make success happen.
INVENTIVE – people with bright ideas who deliver great new experiences for our customers – and improvements for our business. People who come up with better, simpler ways of doing things.
PASSIONATE – people who are proud of our product, out content and our business – and love to shout about it. People who love what they do and show commitment every day.
BRAVE – people who take difficult decisions to help us focus on improving DAZN, our performance and our results. People who will take on challenges no matter what is in front of them.
SUPPORTIVE – people who know that we achieve more as a team than as individuals. People value inclusion and look out for each other, helping their colleagues enjoy their work and develop their careers. People who consider others before making decisions.
At DAZN, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that values equality and diversity, where everyone can contribute and have their voices heard. This means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities.
Everyone has the opportunity to make change and impact our DEI journey by joining our ERGs: Proud@DAZN, Women@DAZN, Disability@DAZN and ParentZone.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.