Do you want to have an impact on a product that is used by millions of users across multiple devices on a daily basis? Would you like to contribute to one of the most popular domains of DAZN that is responsible for the majority of playback time across all the platforms that we support?
In this role you will manage two teams of best-in-class engineers responsible for building our DAZN Living Room application that is available on customers’ Smart TVs, gaming consoles and set-top-boxes. You will also help them shape the features they work on and represent them during many stages of our software development lifecycle.
This role is based out of Hyderabad, India
AS OUR NEW ENGINEERING MANAGER, YOU’LL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Lead teams of full-stack engineers developing Node, React and BrightScript-based solutions for Living Room devices (embedded web apps and bespoke solutions for our partners)
- Coordinate with various technical stakeholders that span across the systems breadth and depth
- Optimise the development process and delivery to achieve the best outcome for the business
- Support and grow your teams’ skills beyond their current remit
- Collaborate with other Engineering Managers to support modern software development practices and advance a great engineering culture
- Contribute to the technical strategy in this area and collaborate with key stakeholders to influence the product outcome.
- Code or test hands-on with your team (if you want)
YOU’LL BE SET UP FOR SUCCESS IF YOU HAVE:
- A strong technical background with hands-on experience as a software engineer
- Experience in managing a team in an Agile environment or interest in becoming one
- Excellent communication skills, you’re good at listening, giving and receiving feedback
- The ability to work autonomously or collaboratively (as needs require) in a larger program of work
- Proven experience in collaborating with stakeholders and clarifying technical requirements.
EVEN BETTER IF YOU HAVE:
- Knowledge and experience working with React and Node.js
- Experience with platforms such as Chromecast or Roku
- Experience in developing cloud-based services (AWS / GCP)
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So, if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team,you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
DAZN VALUES – THE ‘HOW’ IN WHAT WE DO:
AMBITIOUS – people who want to make a big impact and drive DAZN forward. People who move fast and make success happen.
INVENTIVE – people with bright ideas who deliver great new experiences for our customers – and improvements for our business. People who come up with better, simpler ways of doing things.
PASSIONATE – people who are proud of our product, out content and our business – and love to shout about it. People who love what they do and show commitment every day.
BRAVE – people who take difficult decisions to help us focus on improving DAZN, our performance and our results. People who will take on challenges no matter what is in front of them.
SUPPORTIVE – people who know that we achieve more as a team than as individuals. People value inclusion and look out for each other, helping their colleagues enjoy their work and develop their careers. People who consider others before making decisions.
At DAZN, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that values equality and diversity, where everyone can contribute and have their voices heard. This means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities.
Everyone has the opportunity to make change and impact our DEI journey by joining our ERGs: Proud@DAZN, Women@DAZN, Disability@DAZN and ParentZone.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.