Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Reports to: Senior Internal Audit Manager
Department: Business Assurance
Business Assurance performs Internal Audit, Risk Management, Business Continuity and Investigation activities across all areas of Channel 4. It provides a combination of advice, support and assurance to help ensure that key risks are suitably managed or mitigated across the business. The function reports into the Finance Director, with a dotted reporting line to the Chair of the Audit Committee (Non-Executive Director).
This is a newly created role within Channel 4 responsible for monitoring the control environment in force across Channel 4 through conducting internal audit reviews and monitoring management action plans. Until recently all internal audits were conducted via a third-party co-source partner. In late 2020 we recruited a Senior Internal Audit Manager to establish a small in-house Internal Audit function with a particular focus on the more creative and commercial areas of the business, while managing the continued delivery of other audit work through our co-source partner. This is an exciting time to join the team, as we continue to embed our new risk-based audit planning approach and new ways of working. The role provides an opportunity to work with a wide range of teams at Channel 4, from Commissioning to Ad Sales, and more.
- Work with the Senior Internal Audit Manager (Manager) to conduct internal audit reviews across a wide range of Channel 4 business processes in accordance with our Internal Audit Methodology, aligned with CIIA standards.
- Assist the Manager in planning individual audit engagements to define the objective, scope and approach.
- During the ‘Understand the Business’ phase of the audit, conduct meetings with business process owners and team members to understand and document business processes, identify and evaluate the key risks inherent within the processes and identify and evaluate the design of the mitigating controls in place.
- During the ‘Fieldwork’ phase of the audit, design and execute detailed testing programmes to verify that controls are operating as designed and are effective, documenting results and supporting these with evidence.
- Identify control gaps, capturing these as audit findings for inclusion in the audit report, and make practical recommendations on how the control gaps could be remediated.
- Support the Manager in preparing interim status updates for the Head of Business Assurance and for auditee management and in preparing the audit report.
- After the publication of the audit report, follow up with management to track the completion of agreed actions, as assigned.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Qualified internal auditor (CIIA with proven PQE, or equivalent) with extensive experience of conducting a wide range of risk-based internal audit reviews.
- Excellent working knowledge of CIIA standards.
- Media experience strongly preferred (linear TV, VOD, Film, Advertising and Marketing) including advertising sales processes, content supply chains, rights management and digital media.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Data-driven auditing skills and experience an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven experience of working with people at all levels, including senior management roles.
- Good at problem solving and creating a structured plan when faced with informal or ambiguous business processes.
- Excellent track record of forging highly effective business relationship, particularly in creative areas.
- Enjoys hands-on audit work, despite number of years’ experience (non-hierarchical attitude).
- Operates with a high level of integrity.