Title: QC Engineer Tier I
Reports to: Team Lead, QC COE
Business Unit: Deluxe Fulfillment
About the Company
As the world’s leading multidisciplinary service provider, Deluxe underpins the media and entertainment industry, servicing content creators and distributors including Netflix, WarnerMedia, The Walt Disney Company, Amazon, Apple, Viacom, NBCU, Google, AT&T and many others, by providing Global Content Distribution, Localization, Accessibility and Mastering while leading end-to-end innovation with unparalleled scale and agility across the Streaming, Theatrical, Broadcast and Mobile landscapes. With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,200 of the most talented and experienced industry individuals worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com
This position is ideal for individuals who have the drive to watch-through the Audio, Video, & Subtitle content and deliver error free work. It requires a highly motivated individual with attention to detail, great organizational skills, and passion for communicating and connecting with others. If you have an eye for detail and can spot issues, then this role is perfect for you.
Outcomes and Accomplishments
As a QC Engineer, you will:
• Perform 100% linear watch-through for Audio, Video, & Subtitle content for a variety of clients and formats and ensure that these assets are free of any errors.
• Report and document issues found using project-related checklists and internal database.
• Send daily updates of work to the team.
• Communicate and interact with the Production Manager, offloading units, and associated departments regarding issues related to the project.
• Ensure on-time and accurate completion of projects.
What You Bring:
• Good knowledge of Office packages such as Word, Excel, etc.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Eye for detail in noticing issues, both minor and major, with respect to menu design, audio, video & subtitles, and functionality logic.
• Exposure to game/software testing is a plus.
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Premier, or other video/audio SW a plus.
• Exposure to AV equipment and other home-entertainment hardware is a plus.
•Must be comfortable with a computer and in tune with the latest technologies.
• Understanding of graphics, imagery and sound specifications, such as colours, resolution, audio glitches etc, a plus.
• A dedicated and well-rounded individual with the ability to work well under pressure as part of a team with tight deadlines.
• A keen interest in media and multimedia is required.
• Good eyesight and no obvious hearing defects.
• Keen interest in working with different types of software and hardware is required.
• Desire to learn new concepts and cross-train with other departments.
• An ability to learn quickly and effectively.
• Ability to solve problems under pressure.
• Good judgement and logical/analytical skills.
• You will be part of a large international and culturally diverse team
• You will have the opportunity to make an impact for the organization, and for the customers
• You will have opportunities to further grow your skills and grow within the company
• You will have the opportunity to expand your professional network
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive fair consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, based on race, colour, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, or any other discriminations.