Experience start-up momentum with us and be part of building innovative solutions to service our clients in the entertainment industry with their media localization needs.
Pixelogic Localization group is responsible for helping Hollywood Studios and content owners to get their content to global audiences by providing all language services including scripting, subtitling, access services and dubbing.
To support our continued expansion, we seek post processing language specialists to help us achieve
linguistic excellence with the highest quality of localized content prior to delivery to global distributors. With the expansion of global audiences, the linguistic quality of media assets is one of the primary needs of our clients. This position will be key in helping us to build next generation localization workflows to offer premium content localization services.
In addition to being quality and detail oriented, the ideal candidate will be a language enthusiast with a passion for globalizing entertainment content with an appreciation for the importance of regional and cultural differences.
- Responsible for the evaluation and QC of translated audio and subtitle files and to report error patterns and root cause analysis to improve quality control workflows
- Working across departments with account coordinators to ensure project-specific linguistic instructions for translators are clear and executable
- Evaluate worldwide translators based on linguistic and technical quality to help develop our preferred vendors list
- Monitor trends in region to identify changes in language or technical specifications
- Review language style guides to recommend language specific checks for our quality control process and to facilitate our R&D team for possible automated checks
- Continuously researching and identifying new tools and systems to enhance operational workflows
- Updating workflows and checklists according to client specifications as needed
- Frequently review, evaluate, and recommend articles, books, and other resources to ensure continuous education of the post processing team
- Abide by security policies and protect information assets entrusted to you
- Other related tasks as assigned to fulfill responsibilities
- Education or background in Linguistics and language study majors and/or Entertainment and Media is a plus
- Passionate about language and customer service excellence
- Technical skills and knowledge of tools and devices in digital media is desirable
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with non-native English speakers
- Deep sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt readily to new and evolving workflows and tools
- Problem solver with creative and innovative approach with ability to think out of the box
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to plan complex projects with urgency
- A positive attitude when experiencing obstacles and enthusiastic to get things done
Supplemental Health Insurance