To support our global supply chain Digital Cinema, Localization and other departments, we are seeking a Data Operations Manager who manages a team of Data Specialists and day-to-day activities of all data entering or leaving the facility in the form of physical media or electronic transmission and ensure that all security protocols are followed when dealing with sensitive material.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the transmission methods and workflows used widely in the media industry. A background or experience in IT and engineering is a huge plus. You should have knowledge and experience with various physical media formats including films, drives and tapes. You should be highly motivated, possess a flexible attitude and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment. Be able to work as part of a team that deal with changing priority and workloads.
- Manage Data I/O Specialists and ensure day-to-day operations are carried out in a timely manner and in accordance with protocols and procedures globally.
- Oversee a scaling Incoming QC Operations that performs pre-qualification QC on source material for all lines of business.
- Work closely with the development team to improve operations such as creation of automated workflows and processes using in house, proprietary software and/or third-party systems for both Data I/O and the Incoming QC team to ensure zero defects and quality assurance.
- Manage storage for Data I/O including, capacity and forecasting to ensure we’re keeping up with current and upcoming demand.
- Create procedures and documentations for workflows, security policies and maintain an internal database of knowledge
- Administrative tasks including but not limited to managing timesheet, staff scheduling, attending meetings, capacity and load balance planning
- Troubleshoots, analyses and create reports for issues that arise in the operations and implements solutions to avoid the same issues.
- Work with various departments to ensure the data operations meets their requirements for pre-qualification, ingestion, delivery and other assigned workflows
- Continuously researching and identifying new tools and systems to enhance operational workflows and capabilities.
- Will promote an extreme customer service ethos in the Data I/O department.
- Wil be flexible and willing to work long hours.
- Will be a strong and effective communicator with a positive attitude.
- Other related tasks as assigned to fulfill responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College/University or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum Two (2) to Three (3) years of experience in a data operations environment
- Minimum One (1) to Two (2) years in a supervising or managing position
- Experience in managing a team in a production environment
- An excellent collaborator and effective communicator who can solve problems and provide solutions in a high volume and tight turnaround environment.
- Experience in transmissions related to the media industry and post-production workflows
- Experience in industry standard delivery and file transfer mechanisms including Aspera P2P, Aspera Faspex, Signiant, Arkena, etc.
- Experience in dealing with storage solutions and systems such as NAS, SAN, Quantum’s StorNext, Oracle’s Diva
- Understanding of computer networks, including hardware, protocols and firewalls in a production environment
- Some experience and/or background in IT is required.
- Experience in dealing with different types of physical media formats including drives, tapes, disks as well as managing LTO archive.
- Proficient with Linux, Mac OS, Windows
- Problem solver with creative and innovative approach with ability to think out of the box
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative however also be a good team player
- A positive attitude when experiencing obstacles and enthusiastic towards getting work done.
- Ability and willingness to learn new methods, procedures, or techniques and take on new tasks
- Knowledge of programming or scripting languages is desirable
- Passionate about quality, customer experience and customer service excellence
- Private Health Insurance.
- Social Insurance.
- Paid Time Off.
- Training & Development.