About the Role
This is an opportunity to work in BT Sport’s award-winning broadcast facility which includes four HD broadcast studios, 1 UHD and 9 HD galleries, a large post-production village, multi-channel MCR and playout operation.
Located in vibrant HereEast, with canal-side restaurants and bars on its doorstep and a subsidised restaurant for staff. You will get the chance to work on a variety of sports and entertainment programmes for BT Sport’s core programmes such as the UEFA Champions League and Rugby Tonight as well many external productions such as the BBC NFL Show and ITV Sport’s studio shows.
Reporting to the IT Systems Manager, you will be expected to support the requirements and challenges of complex interrelated systems in a 24/7 broadcast facility. In conjunction with your IT colleagues, you will be expected to help enforce IT security and management policies across our systems, with minimal impact on the specialist needs of each department.
- Monitor, diagnose and resolve problems with key IT systems to ensure systems work efficiently.
- Undertake work as necessary to ensure that the requirements of Statutory and BT safety regulations are complied with and that appropriate records are kept in the areas for which they are responsible
- Escalate crisis situations effectively and work under pressure to resolve problems
- Provide assistance and support to projects to improve and upgrade key IT systems as directed by IT management and support team leads
- Produce and update relevant system technical documentation
- Provide technical support to users and systems to aid live production, and all associated workflows
- Work closely with the other technical departments to resolve issues and enhance performance to key systems
- Liaise with 3rd party support providers to ensure technical issues are resolved in a timely manner
- As required, and pre-agreed with clients, travel to other Timeline sites to provide network expertise, installation and support
- Adhering to and driving the use of best practice IT security standards
- Ensure that all issues and subsequent technical repair work is managed through the fault ticketing system
Shift Pattern: 8/14 – meaning the person will work 10.5 hour shifts and do 8 shifts in any 14 day’ period. This is on a rotating shift pattern and includes an extra ‘floating’ day to cover business/project needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proficient and experienced in the implementation, management and configuration of the following technical disciplines:
- Microsoft Server and Desktop OS, Linux Server OS
- AD, Group Policy, DNS and DHCP
- VMWare Host and Guest VM support
- OS patching and management (WSUS, any experience with Desktop Central preferred)
- Dell/HP/QNAP Storage systems
- Brocade Fibre Channel SAN architecture
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Backup, restore and management of VMWare, using Altaro or equivalent software
- Adaptable and dynamic in a quickly changing live TV environment
- A positive, enthusiastic manner with an ability to react tactfully and sympathetically to requests from operational and production staff is essential
- Strong customer awareness
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Good communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to know when to escalate
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of working to an SLA
You will be eligible for a variety of employee benefits including but not limited to:
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the Timeline Team – whether that is working in our engineering or technology roles or being part of our non-technical teams. We believe the more diverse our organisation is the more we are reflecting society and ensuring we are selecting from the broadest talent pool.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.