The Production Lead will lead and oversee all production outputs for a significant account at Evoke Films – a luxury watch brand. This role is critical to building an agile content workstream and will manage the production process from project intake to delivery. Taking a holistic view of all productions flowing through the account, the Production Lead will ensure operational excellence, as well as managing and supporting teams to deliver exceptional creative work for the client. At times, the Production Lead will be expected to take the lead on producing the largest and most complex productions and campaigns.
- Empower, inspire and support production teams to produce exceptional creative work for this key client.
- Work closely with the Creative Lead and the Resource Lead to build an efficient project intake process, ensuring that all productions are quickly up and running with best in class talent according to the individual needs of each project.
- Oversee the day to day operational aspects of multiple productions, ensuring producers are following all agreed systems and all production personnel are working efficiently according to their roles and responsibilities.
- Build and execute effective processes and production workflows, including the use of project management tools, scheduling, reviewing project timelines and ensuring deadlines are consistently met. Run effective and efficient production meetings and PPMs. Identify and address any production inefficiencies and be proactive in making new recommendations to improve internal tools and processes.
- Ensure Health and Safety protocols are up to date and followed correctly; all Risk Assessments are accurate and properly assessed; all freelancer contracts and NDA’s are in place.
- Provide support across all day to day production challenges (including changing parameters, client requirements and other unforeseen circumstances) and act as a production “decision maker” who can help all projects move forward as necessary.
- Bring knowledge of current and future production trends and patterns (industry best practice). Think innovatively and experiment with new approaches and technologies in order to achieve production excellence.
- Proactively promote sustainable production processes according to the IMG Green to Screen sustainability policy and as required by client’s needs.
- Bring strong technical knowledge, ensuring that all ‘work in progress’ and final deliverables meet technical standards. Review technical workflows (media storage, editing facilities, camera selections, cloud-based software, etc) to ensure they are appropriate for each project.
- Ensure that all project admin is accurate, up to date and completed on time, this includes working closely with the Research lead to ensure that all project footage rights and clearances are properly managed.
- To assist / advise the Cross Channel & Branded Content team when required
- When appropriate, take the lead on producing the largest and most complex campaigns or projects.
Production Management/Line Management
- Take responsibility for establishing excellence throughout the operations of the account. Inspire a culture of innovation, encourage collaboration, ensure inclusion and take a can-do attitude.
- This role will manage the producers (mostly freelancers) and production managers (mostly internal) to ensure deadlines are met and quality of content & reporting is upheld.
- Deliver and ensure best practice in motivating and appraising direct reports and where appropriate, ensure that training needs are facilitated in order to respond to changes in creative, editorial and technical workflows.
- Work with the Production Executive to manage budgets across all projects, ensuring all projects are on budget, all recoveries met, and all reconciliations are accurate and on time
- Work with the Production Executive to ensure all projections and financial forecasts are up to date, accurate and met.
- Regularly discuss the progress of all projects with the Business Director and Production Executive, providing them with detailed updates, status reports and informing them of any issues/changes.
- Work collaboratively with other senior team members, the Business Director and Production Executive, to oversee all staffing issues
- Ensure that Evoke Films attracts, recruits and retains the best talent to deliver world class content
- Act as the key point of contact for all production aspects with project coordinators on client side
- Build strong client relationships at the administrative level
- Work with Evoke’s senior management team to cultivate increasingly constructive and efficient relationships with the client, their agencies, internal and external talent.
- Establish quickly and maintain a deep understanding of the brand values, ethos and strategic vision of the client and their partner agencies.
- Assist in writing creative briefs and developing presentations
- Produce timely and accurate project reports when required
- Keep across industry trends and players in the industry, including creatives, production and suppliers who may be beneficial to future projects.
- Work to develop efficient and positive workflow practices
- You may also be required to carry out any other duties which are within the scope and purpose of the job.
- Previous experience as a Senior Producer or Head of Production.
- Proven experience managing multiple people and projects simultaneously.
- Proven experience managing clients and building and strengthening successful relationships.
- Experience working directly with luxury, heritage or premium brands.
- Experience working on content with a variety of budget ranges, from low to high, across a variety of platforms (linear TV, OTT, Digital, Social, etc).
- Extensive knowledge of archive/footage/music rights clearances; TV production and post production workflows; contracts, insurance, risk assessments and health & safety.
- Experience mentoring and training staff in order to improve their skills and abilities.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisation skills, including ability to create presentations, spreadsheets, production schedules and budgets.
- Proficiency across a variety of programmes including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Apple Numbers, Pages, Keynote; Google Docs; project management software and tools.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills (including mentoring, motivating others).
- Ability to create effective team working and productive and positive team-spirit.
- Ability to self-produce projects from inception to completion.
- This is a fixed term position until 31st December 2021 (with the possibility for extension until 31st July 2022)
- Please note, remote working set up until lockdown restrictions have been lifted. Thereafter, the role would be based at Chiswick Park.
- Working hours are 40 hours per week.
- Overseas travel for meetings/pitches/production/shoots and edits
- Weekend and unsocial hours may be required to meet/pitch/presentation/production deadlines or to attend shoots
- From time to time you will be required to work from IMG Studios at Stockley Park, the Evoke satellite office located on New Oxford Street or other nominated post/production facility as required.
IMG’s Productions team is one of the largest producers of sports programming in the world, responsible for thousands of hours of content on behalf of more than 200 federations, associations and events. Producing and distributing three 24/7 sports offerings in Sport 24, the first-ever live, global, premium sports channel for the airline and cruise industries; EDGEsport, the premium action sports channel; and the Premier League Content Service for international broadcasters, which includes all live matches, comprehensive analysis and regular magazine programming. Our cross-platform product offerings include: Golfing World, Amazon Tennis, UFC, The Wimbledon Championships, the Jockey Club of Saudi Arabia, European Tour Productions, Royal & Ancient Golf, SNTV, Euroleague Basketball, Trans World Sport, EFL, FIVB, Evoke Films and more.
IMG is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.