About the role
Manage and lead technical operations teams consisting of encoding operators, mastering operators, QC and audio/media operators located in Tokyo as an extension of a larger global team of individuals supporting Pixelogic’s global operation.
In this role the candidate will be responsible for overseeing day-to-day deadlines, communicating with project management staff and company executives. In addition, this position will be the primary point of contact with the global department leads located in Los Angeles, California, and will be responsible to champion the latest technical specs and clients’ needs for successful global operations between Los Angeles, London, Cairo, Cape Town, Tokyo, and Seoul.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the technical aspects of the various content specifications. They will be highly motivated, possess a flexible attitude, and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment. In addition, they must be able to work as part of a team that deals with changing priorities and workloads. Attention to detail and efficient multitasking are mandatory. Extensive knowledge of video encoding and transcoding systems is essential. A background in processing UHD media is a plus.
The candidate will be trained as a Pixelogic pHelix systems expert to support, train and advise operations across APAC. The candidate will support the APAC executive team in rolling out new initiatives to customers and attending meetings as a Subject Matter Expert (SME).
The role reports to VP of Technical Operations in US and locally supports GM of Korea/Japan.
- Lead and support a large team within a time-sensitive and demanding environment.
- Oversee day-to-day local and a part of global technical operations.
- Maintain constant communication with cross-functional support teams to ensure proper operations.
- Forecast project capacity requirements and create production action plans.
- Manage timely data collection to update operations metrics to achieve productivity targets, eliminate inefficiencies, and adhere to the highest service quality standard.
- Continuously develop and deliver technical training programs for the technical operations team.
- Train and document new/different procedures.
- Implement operational policies and quality assurance protocols to meet quality standards of leading streaming service providers.
- Act as the primary point of contact with the global department leads located in the US.
- Collaborate and communicate directly with project management staff and company executives.
- Partner with Technology team to introduce and improve proprietary tools and systems.
- Continuously researching and identifying new tools and systems to enhance operational workflows and capabilities.
- Ensure information security objectives are translated into tactical goals that guarantee information security objectives are met and exceeded.
- Support the APAC executive team and participate with customers as a SME.
- Fluency in English and Japanese
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent trade-specific education
- People management experience
- 8 + years of experience in Digital Media and post-production project management.
- 2+ years in audio post-production or media service projects for film and tv
- Experience in post-production media workflows including tools such as Telestream Vantage, Da Vinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere, and ProTools.
- Clear understanding of subtitling specifications and formats, audio sample rates, video frame rates and compressions, SMPTE timecode, and traditional multi-channel audio configurations (2.0, 5.1, 7.1) is necessary.
- Familiarity and working knowledge with some of the tools and applications including but not limited to DVS Clipster, Colorfront Transkoder, and Aurora are essential.
- Experience in IMF mastering.
- Demonstrable experience in picture and audio editing and transcoding is required.
- Passionate about quality, customer experience, and customer service excellence.
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations and sensitive information.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, disability, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship, veteran, military, or any other legally protected status.
- キャリア開発- 協力的で整ったチームワーク体制