Moonbug Entertainment is an award-winning global entertainment company behind some
of the most popular kids’ titles in the world. Moonbug’s line-up includes global sensations
CoComelon, Blippi, Little Baby Bum, Oddbods, Little Angel, My Magic Pet Morphle, Supa Strikas, Go
Buster, Playtime with Twinkle, Gecko’s Garage, ARPO and many more.
Moonbug’s shows are currently available in 32 languages and feature on more than 150
platforms globally, including YouTube, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sky, Super RTL, BBC
iPlayer, HBO Max, Tencent, Youku and Roku. The company’s portfolio currently stands at 29
IPs and 100+ brand partners.
Moonbug is a subsidiary of Candle Media, an independent, creator-friendly home for
cutting-edge, high-quality, category-defining brands and franchises. By bringing together
elite talent operating at the intersection of content, community, and commerce, it helps to
position leading entertainment businesses for accelerated, sustainable growth in the
current market and beyond. Candle is run by its Co-Chairmen and Co-CEOs, leading
entertainment executives Kevin Mayer and Tom Staggs, and backed by investment capital
from funds managed by Blackstone’s flagship private equity business.
We are seeking a YouTube Channel Intern to run the day-to-day operations and analytical reporting for several of our properties. You will be working with some of the biggest brands on YouTube. You will be based in our London office and work closely with the team in Los Angeles.
The successful candidate will be a creative thinker who can juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities, with a strong emphasis on organization and meticulous attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast-paced role with growth potential that requires curiosity and significant initiative. The candidate will manage a number of brands within the company and will be the UK arm of the Video Labs team working closely with their counterparts in Los Angeles.
Moonbug’s Channel Interns are expected to become experts in our managed content and perform competitive analysis to gain an understanding of how we can improve and grow our channels. Candidates will be expected to perform ongoing YouTube viewership analysis using multiple analytics tools in order to validate existing strategies and provide information to guide programming, marketing, and investment decisions going forward.
The candidate will manage relationships with a small set of external partners and internal stakeholders such as the production, creative and marketing teams. They will understand how their channels fit into the larger Moonbug network and develop effective cross-promotion strategies that ensure mutual benefit to all parties.
• Creating and programming YouTube channels and other social media pages;
• Ensuring channels adhere to platform best practices;
• Creating graphics for both channels and ads;
• Produce & edit attractive / compelling and engaging video content for all social media platforms;
• Keeping up to date with YouTube platform developments, trends and training;
• Optimizing titles, descriptions, and keywords for each platform;
• Writing and editing metadata and copy for videos and channels;
• Assist in creation and upkeep of programming calendars;
• Providing regular updates on channel activity and growth;
• Managing a materials library, following existing edit processes and naming conventions;
• General company support and assisting the other teams with projects;
• Assisting with monthly performance reports/analytics.
• Bachelor degree in Media Studies or similar is preferred.
• Proficiency using Photoshop.
• Proficiency in video editing using Premiere and/or Final Cut.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
• Second language is a major asset but not essential.
• Personal experience of and interest in, using multiple social platforms is essential, professional experience is desired.
• Great communication skills, with a positive can-do attitude and a good sense of humor.
• Ability to work under pressure managing multiple tasks, and an interest in taking on real responsibility within a rapidly growing and dynamic start-up.