Thank you for considering the Associate General Manager, CoComelon role with Moonbug Entertainment, an award-winning global entertainment company inspiring kids everywhere to laugh, learn and grow. The company is behind some of the biggest kids’ entertainment brands in the world including CoComelon and Blippi. Moonbug believes every child should have access to our entertaining and enriching content, which is why our shows are available on more than 150 video platforms globally including Netflix, Disney+, BBC iPlayer and YouTube Kids. Moonbug is also a global leader in pre-school music and audio experiences, available on 100+ audio platforms globally. Moonbug brands extend far beyond the screen to include streaming music, toys, games, books, live events, and even theme park exhibits.
Moonbug is part of Candle Media, an independent, creator-friendly home for cutting-edge, high-quality, category-defining brands and franchises.
This role reports on-site at our Los Angeles West Hollywood office.
You will be responsible for growing the Franchise and being the #1 expert on the brand and all of its direct competitors. The general manager is responsible for go-to-market strategy for their IP and ensuring each initiative within that brand ties back to the overall Franchise goals.
The Associate General Manager reports to the General Manager on execution of all Franchise strategy, and will keep the General Manager & Moonbug management team up to date on all key milestones and important info across the brand on a weekly basis. Role requires ability to communicate clearly, to collaborate across a matrix organization, and to push for Franchise business goals.
- Creation of the Franchise’s 3 year growth plan including key benchmarks and KPIs for each commercial department working with the Franchise.
- Become the #1 expert on the Franchise, its audience and customer, and all competitive brands in the space.
- Help build and manage the Franchise P&L on a day to day basis.
- Identify areas of strength and weakness across the Franchise, and align with senior management to allocate resources as needed to improve the Franchise.
- Write task-specific briefs for shared service teams across the company. Work with key stakeholders to accomplish tasks.
- Ensure key sales materials, brand statistics and talking points are created and up to date at all times, accessible more broadly by the company for use by various department stakeholders.
- Evaluate commercial opportunities & create business models around areas such as new content investments, greenlight models, distribution deals, brand partnerships and new business development opportunities.
- Oversee tracking daily business operations & report updates across the business.
- Update weekly trackers will all key departments to report on Franchise growth.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years experience in media and entertainment, management consulting or brand strategy.
- Experience developing and executing on brand strategies.
- Experience developing and delivering business plans.
- Experience building and interpreting financial models.
- Deep understanding of digital media landscape.
- Experience working in a multinational, matrix organization preferred.
- Excellent commercial understanding of business.
- Excellent communication & influencing skills.
- Excellent presentation skills to large audiences.
- Results-orientated approach.
- Effective planning and organization skills, ability to multitask.
- Interpersonal and organizational sensitivity in a matrix structure.
- Thinks Strategically
- Builds Relationships
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Results
- Builds Teams
- Champions Change
- Exhibits Professional Excellence
- Inspires Creativity and Innovation
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Wellness Resources
- Salary: $150-$180K