About the Role
As a Unit Manager you will be working primarily on locations throughout the UK and worldwide to guarantee a variety of Outside Broadcasts as well as spending time in our Greenford base for offsite preparations and maintenance. You will be delivering an exceptional service to our clients and providing technical advice and guidance to Engineering and other Unit Managers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Significant experience in a responsible operational role in TV Outside Broadcast is essential for this role
• A positive, can-do attitude and calm under pressure
• The ability to lead teams on live sport events in a fast-moving environment
• Deal effectively with clients and other contacts at all levels, ensuring effective communication between all parties
• High standard of customer service
• A high level of technical knowledge in all fields of broadcast technology such as: electronics, lenses, fibre optics, RF, Satellite, electrical power, compression, IP networks and file-based video workflows
• Good knowledge of TV operations on live sport Outside Broadcasting
• Clear understanding of business concepts such as costing, pricing, investment and an ability to manage budgets
• A thorough knowledge of all relevant Health & Safety regulations
The above information is a brief outline of your duties, however, please be aware that your job description may be changed at any time to meet business requirements. You may be given additional projects and workloads from the Timeline Management team, and you will be expected to comply with all reasonable requests.
In return we offer, an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits (please see below).
We also organise regular social events, giving you the opportunity to get to know employees from across different locations (when Covid allows of course!).
You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including but not limited to:
You must be eligible to work in the UK for this role.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the Timeline Team – whether that is working in our engineering or technology roles or being part of our non-technical teams. We believe the more diverse our organisation is the more we are reflecting society and ensuring we are selecting from the broadest talent pool.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.