About the Role
Timeline Television is seeking a Technical
Stores Operative to work in its busy Stores function, supplying, testing, and
maintaining equipment for a range of outside broadcasts and projects to internal
and external clients.
This is a fantastic position for
anyone wanting to embark on a career in outside Broadcasting, with multiple
opportunities to learn and be taught by an experienced engineering team. The successful
candidate will be able to demonstrate a methodical, team-orientated approach to
project delivery whilst working in a safe and timely manner, along with enthusiasm
and a thirst for learning the equipment.
We are looking for an individual with suitable
skills to work in this hectic and physical role.
- Maintain the warehouse to a high standard,
ensuring all working areas are tidy and free from hazards and rubbish
- Work collaboratively with OB (Outside Broadcast)
Project Managers/Unit Managers to ensure OB trucks are accurately and
promptly loaded, cleaned and prepped
- After project completion, ensure that OB trucks
are unloaded, cleaned and prepared for next assignment
- Inspect all hired equipment before and after
jobs, to ensure all kit is complete and in working order
- Use initiative to ensure that equipment is
suitably boxed during transportation and for storage purposes
- Respond promptly to unforeseen requirements from all parts of Timeline’s business.
and testing of equipment used on OB trucks, flyaways and other Timeline
with system build and refurbishment projects
skills and knowledge within the broadcast industry
You must be prepared to work shifts, weekends, and bank holidays. This role is based on a 7/14 shift pattern.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Basic technical knowledge of TV broadcast equipment
would be desirable but will be taught extensively
- Physically fit, and able to lift and handle
heavy items and cable throughout the shift
- Attention to detail and good memory recall
- Basic computer skills
- A logical approach to problem solving
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- A team worker, with good verbal and written
and communication skills
- Willing to adapt to the unique nature of the
- UK driving licence is essential and must be willing
to drive a 3.5t van to move equipment
- LGV licence would be an advantage but not
- Adaptability: Demonstrates flexibility and responds positively to new
challenges and interruptions; is open to change(s); shows openness to alternative
ways of doing things.
- Team-oriented: Ability to develop positive relationships; works well with
others; possesses the ability to create and maintain productive working
relationships; helps to build positive working relationships in the team
environment(s) and connects with people from all parts of society.
- Communication: Listens well and is open to regular, honest feedback;
articulate and communicates with passion and clarity; demonstrates
excellent interpersonal skills through effective communication; good
conflict resolution skills
- Collaboration: Identify improvements with systems and processes to improve workflows
and processes; sets an example by sharing necessary knowledge, skills(s)
and idea(s) within team to build helpful, productive relationships across
You will be eligible for a variety of employee benefits including but not
• Private Health Care
• Medical cash benefits
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Travel insurance
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role. Please apply with a cover letter and a CV.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the Timeline Team – whether that is working in our engineering or technology roles or being part of our non-technical teams. We believe the more diverse our organisation is the more we are reflecting society and ensuring we are selecting from the broadest talent pool.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.