We are recruiting an Organisation Design Senior Manager to join the strategic workforce & OD delivery team with the role to lead org design projects that shape the development of organisation design and operating model solutions to deliver our business and people strategy.
What You'll Do:
- Work in partnership with the Director to contribute to and facilitate senior decision-making, interpreting data and diagnosing issues, and recommending options which balance commercial gain with customer impact.
- Stay ahead of, and maintain within the team, a repository of external org design practices, metrics and innovation; supporting the development of OD capability in the team.
- Acts as an internal advising partner, working closely with senior leaders, in the business and across the people directorate, to identify the big operating model shifts that will enable us to achieve our goals.
- Develop high-level operating model solutions that enable strategy execution; delivers detailed organisation design solutions where required.
- Understands the impact of revised processes and systems on OD, and translates that impact into new organisation structures.
- Collaborate efficiently with the Strategic workforce management team and People directorate to develop Sky’s People strategy.
- Drive pragmatic and practical org development & effectiveness actions to support the delivery of the strategic workforce plan and people strategy.
- Translates theory and insight into practical action by developing compelling cases, evidence- based recommendations and tracking measurable business outcomes.
- Provide challenge and support to the business and people partners using organisational data and insights to drive workforce improvements where appropriate.
- Challenge the status quo and continually bring the “outside-in” to drive innovation within the team.
- Build advocacy amongst senior colleagues across the business, including reputation of the Group People Function as a trusted, centre of excellence, with a track record of successful delivery.
- Drive collaboration between the teams and find opportunities to build once across the markets, whilst also understanding the nuances of the various markets.
- Blend technical expertise with fantastic interpersonal skills – bringing together teams from across all Sky Markets and Group to drive the best solution for Sky.
- Actively look to mentor the wider team, broadening their capabilities and experience.
What You'll Bring:
- Organisation Design experience; with data analytics skills and strong stakeholder management.
- Commercial & Business sense: Knowledgeable in business strategy and the drivers of organisational performance (both people drivers of performance and financial literacy, e.g. business critical metrics or cases) and the external benchmarks which inform this.
- Communication: Strong story teller and being able to translate “people” speak to “business” speak at a senior level; being able to communicate the impact of actions in a way that is relevant to the business leader and enables their strategic objectives.
- Strong data analysis; bringing external insights in to Sky and aligning these with our business strategy to provide insight and recommendations to shape our People Strategy.
- Impact and influence: ability to build strong cases for change, which are evidence based and compelling, and obtain consensus from senior colleagues and teams.
- Experience in working cross-functionally and within a group structure.
- Has developed, maintained and handled relationships at all levels within the business.
- Strong multi-tasking abilities, flexibility and perseverance in a fluid environment.
- “Can-do” mentality to drive innovative ideas and execution techniques.
- Detail orientated whilst being able to translate the detail into a story that is easily digestible to senior forums.
Our HR team is all about making Sky a great place to work that’s both fair and inclusive for our people. We do OUR best to help everyone be at THEIR best! From hiring fantastic people to offering great benefits, from supporting learning and careers to making sure everyone gets paid on time – it all makes a difference. We want our people to have everything they need to design incredible products, create amazing TV, deliver the best customer service and much, much, more.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
How You'll Work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We've adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You'll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
Your Office Base:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon!
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV, we’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
We are a Disability Confident Accredited Employer, and welcome and encourage applications from all candidates. We will look to ensure a fair and consistent experience for all, and will make reasonable adjustments to support you where appropriate. Please flag any adjustments you need to your recruiter as early as you can.