Now is a great time to join DAZN as we have just won the rights to broadcast Serie A in Italy! Do you love sport? How would you like to take a lead position in transmitting live events of Serie A to sports obsessives all around the globe? ?
As our Senior Transmission Controller, you will have the opportunity to broadcast various live sports events to our Spanish, Italian and, soon to be launched, Japanese linear channels. Not only this, but you’ll also get the chance to expand your skillset and work with our unique OTT product as well. Both our linear and OTT channels transmit globally to our various territories and you’ll also be responsible for managing the communications between our global production facilities as well as the direct communications with our linear channels and OTT platform.
We’re a dynamic, evolving ‘live’ environment where things can be hectic at times but what a rewarding feeling it is when you are at the reins of transmitting seamless major sporting events across the globe! We are proud of our vibrant Leeds team at the helm of the broadcast arm of the business. So, if you’re also a bit of a chameleon who enjoys adapting to changing business needs, cultures, conditions and work responsibilities, then this could be the role for you!
Due to our live sports schedule, this is a shift based role so working hours are very flexible including nights, weekends, national and public holidays. Other benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
HERE'S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU'LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Executing scheduled live events to ensure exact content is broadcast at the correct time
- Monitoring and quality control of all signals in and out of transmission
- Loading, preparation and transmission of daily playout schedules
- Ensuring all scheduled media is available for playout each day and communication with the relevant channels if anything is missing/incorrect (eg graphics or production)
- Providing first line support of all Transmission services and equipment
- Pre-empting all possible faults and devising resolution plans ready to minimise any ‘on-air’ impact
- Being the point of contact for escalating issues when necessary
- Mentoring and supporting colleagues on shift
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Previous experience working in transmission with knowledge of file based media preparation
- Previous experience working in a live sports environment
- Operational and technical experience with broadcast automation systems
- A good understanding of IP protocols and familiar with the technologies and processes of delivering IP content
- A good understanding of broadcast rules, regulations and compliance in a commercial and residential environment
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Familiarity with file delivery workflows
- Experience with the Morpheus automation system, UX or the hard client
- Languages – Spanish, Italian
- Experience working in a global organisation
- Department: Group Operations
- Internal Job Title:Senior Transmission Controller
- Reports To (title): Head of Linear
- Career Level: CL3
- Country and Location: Leeds, UK
- Hours of Work: 37.5 (shift based, 24/7 including nights, national and public holidays)
- Line Management Responsibility: None
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.