Who we are and what we do
Audinate leads the world in networked media with our "Dante" technology which is used extensively in professional audio & video applications, including live events, broadcast, entertainment venues and communication systems.
Dante harnesses the power of IT networking to make AV better, replacing the need for specialised point-to-point analogue and digital connections. With audio and video making up so much of our daily lives, we play an important role in every great audio visual moment. The Dante technology embedded in popular AV products makes it possible for users to connect sound and vision like never before.
You’ll find us in the largest companies and institutions like the Sydney Opera House, NFL Media Headquarters, Microsoft, major universities and even a 900-year old cathedral featured in Harry Potter.
What you’ll be working on
This role will be with the business systems team, responsible for driving system integrations, portals, and websites, and will help audio/video professionals, integrators, equipment manufacturers and software designers reshape the industry with networked solutions powered by Dante. The role will require a keen eye for detail.
- Design, prototype and develop new features for various applications at Audinate including but not limited to the Website.
- Collaborate with agency marketers, designers, project managers, business analysts, web developers, and SREs to ensure successful products are developed.
- Provide design suggestions and technical leadership as new requirements are presented.
- Initiate and implement new projects and maintain our website with an eye toward both building great user experience and meeting ongoing project deadlines associated with product launches, campaigns, and industry events.
- Develop and implement clean, modular, secure, and well-tested front-end semantic code (React/JS, HTML, and SCSS/CSS) to design/code standards.
- Develop and manage integrations and APIs between websites, internal and external systems.
- Provide occasional coding support for other business systems applications.
- Help evaluate outside web development vendors when necessary and facilitate secure and reliable integration of their work into our environment.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Create and manage for cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies.
- Mentor Junior developers, review code and streamline the UI development.
- Actively participate in all development lifecycle activities like release planning, coding, reviewing, testing, and deployment
- Assist in the evaluation, development, and roll out of new development technologies, tools, and frameworks.
- Monitor key website functions using automated services in conjunction with outside agency and Audinate’s SREs team, and respond to site outages, function outages and bugs in a timely manner.
- Maintaining WordPress backend by applying CMS core and plugin updates etc.
- The candidate must have experience in designing, developing, and maintaining websites and UI components adhering to the best security principles.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership and full responsibility of maintaining the Websites.
- Extensive experience with continuous integration and deployment methods.
- Experience with implementing large sites with many pages and image processing.
- Proficiency with Bitbucket, GitHub and distributed version control practices.
- Experience with package management tools (e.g., NPM, Composer).
- Understanding of localization (l10n).
- Understanding of design systems and how to apply them.
- Passion for web development, site performance, and marketing
- Ability to work well with ambiguity and lead projects to completion.
- Highly resourceful and self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility
- Team player with a collaborative mindset
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience with CLI tools
- Database experience building, optimizing queries, creating, and working with tables, etc
- Experience with modern security practices
Nice to have:
- PHP, Drupal and WordPress CMS experience will be a big plus, including the creation of custom plugins and themes, as well as working with the ACF and the WordPress REST API
- Auth0 integration will be highly regarded.
- Experience designing and building for decoupled/headless CMS sites.
- Experience with containerization (e.g.: Docker) and cloud deployments.
- Experience with Express.js or Next.js
- Knowledge of Tailwind CSS framework
- Experience with EmberCLI, Typescript.
- Experience with edge network technologies such as Cloudflare
- Experience with automated testing and automated build and deployment processes
- Experience with design systems, style guide/UI library development
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization
- Web marketing experience (analytics, lead capture, and marketing automation)
- Experience with Salesforce, HubSpot, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, MuleSoft
What you’ll experience with us
With us, your ambition extends as far as our reach. Working alongside experts and enthusiasts from different backgrounds, you’ll refine your skills as we define our products. We’ll experience and share a purpose we can see and hear as we pioneer the future of AV together.
In addition to a competitive salary, annual bonus and equity incentive plan, you’ll experience our diverse, values-based culture and a range of benefits such as flexible working through to volunteering leave.