Who we are and what we do
Audinate leads the world in networked media. Our "Dante" technology is used extensively in professional audio / video installations globally including live events, broadcast, entertainment venues and communication systems.
Dante harnesses the power of IT networking to make AV better, replacing the need for specialized point-to-point analogue and digital connections. With audio and video making up so much of our daily lives, we play an important role in every great audio-visual moment. The Dante technology embedded in popular AV products makes it possible for users to connect sound and vision like never before.
Audinate is both firmly established and growing rapidly: we offer a full stack solution including low level hardware, desktop, server and cloud applications.
About the role
Audinate is looking for an outstanding Product Owner to act as the voice of the customer inside Audinate’s agile teams in Cambridge and Belgium with a focus on video networking. You’ll be responsible for defining stories and prioritizing the team backlog to ensure the end product delivers customer value and meets company goals.
- Provide vision and direction to the agile team and stakeholders throughout the development lifecycle: act as the voice of the customer.
- Partner closely with the relevant Product Manager to translate approved Epics, product strategy and product roadmap into an actionable plan
- Write and prioritize user stories to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value and are aligned with the agreed outcomes of the approved Epic.
- Maintain the backlog including ensuring the the agile team always has a healthy number of prepared stories to work on.
- Story acceptance: ensure completed stories meet acceptance criteria
- Communicate delivery progress/milestones to all impacted stakeholders regularly
- Participate and provide leadership in the team during team demos, retrospectives etc.
- Strong product owner experience and good understanding of product management best practices
- Great communicator, negotiator and facilitator
- Ability to be both business and technology focused
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Self-motivated with a desire to solve problems and deliver well-designed solutions
- Can work effectively as part of a team based in different locations and time zones
- Will have a clear voice and provide input to group discussions and solutioning
- Being proactive and not waiting to be provided with all the answers
- Can make informed decisions and provide recommended approaches
- Proven ability to adapt to change including technology, market, customer and process.
- Knowledge of networking technology
Additional desired skills and experience
- AV industry experience, in particular knowledge of video networking technology
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Atlassian tools and MS SharePoint
- An interest in audio/video technology e.g. might be a musician; involved at a practical level in AV (for example through a local theatre, church etc)
With us, your ambition extends as far as our reach. Working alongside experts and enthusiasts from different backgrounds, you’ll refine your skills as we define our products. We’ll experience and share a purpose we can see and hear as we pioneer the future of AV together.
In addition to a competitive salary, annual bonus and equity incentive plan, you’ll experience our diverse, values-based culture and a range of benefits such as flexible working through to volunteering leave.