About the Role
You will be working primarily on locations throughout the UK and worldwide to guarantee a variety of Outside Broadcasts as well as spending time in our Greenford base for offsite preparation and maintenance. Timeline also operates a large Broadcast Centre at our Ealing headquarters where you will be required to work from time to time. The role requires a balance between operation, alignment, modification and maintenance of a wide range of broadcast equipment and managing and training junior engineers and graduates.
- Guarantee small and large Outside Broadcasts on Timeline’s fleet of scanners and flyaways
- Guarantee our remote and studio galleries at our Ealing Broadcast Centre
- Provide exceptional front facing service to Timeline’s clients
- Devise and support the development of innovative solutions
- Maintain and operate equipment used on OB trucks, flyaways and other Timeline installations
- Ensure that technical faults are cleared and identify and implement alternative solutions
- Accurately line-up vision monitoring facilities
- Operate camera colour balance and other engineering set up controls
- Other operational duties such as OB truck opening and closing for travel, dealing with mains power feeds, operation and management of RF systems, sound camera and vision rigging, movement and de-rigging
- Follow up on faults and liaise with manufacturers to arrange replacements and returns
- Involvement with build and refurbishment projects
- The job will involve a great deal of travelling, driving and frequent nights away from home, in the UK or abroad
- Help mentor junior members from all departments of the graduate programme by developing their skills using your knowledge
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Broadcast engineering training and qualifications.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Flexible approach to problem solving and openness to new challenges and alternative solutions.
- Knowledge of UHD and HD baseband vision systems and desire to learn about emerging technologies
- Knowledge of TCP/IP address systems including multicast
- Interest in HDR and 2020 colour space as this will be a key part in skill development
- Familiarity with vison equipment such as Kahuna vision mixers; Axon Cerebrum control system; Grass Valley Rollcal and Orrbit IP software; Multiviewers; EVS LSM rig and configuration; Sony CCU and cameras
- Ability to make critical assessment of television pictures and waveforms
- A team player and ability to remain calm under pressure
- A good knowledge of the principles of health and safety at work
You will be eligible for a variety of employee benefits including but not limited to:
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the Timeline Team – whether that is working in our engineering / technology roles or being part of our non-technical teams. We believe the more diverse our organisation is the more we are reflecting society and ensuring we are selecting from the broadest talent pool.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.