We have an exciting opportunity for a Channel Executive FTC to join the Programming team.
The Channel Executive is responsible for the accurate set up, scheduling and administration of programmes into the broadcast management system WHAT’SOn. They may work across more than one channel depending on size. They also ensure that all our non-linear content is set up accurately and used optimally on our D2C (direct to consumer) and Pay TV services.
In this role you will get to:
- Contribute to the editorial make up of the channel, by screening new and archive content, and by getting to know the viewers tastes via information from Insights team and from your own research via channel social media platforms
- Contribute to the channel’s performance by bringing creativity and enthusiasm to finding fresh editorial ideas and scheduling strategies
We are looking for someone who is:
- Organised and experienced in a highly administrative role
- Good with data and curious about what people watch, and why
- Has strong attention to detail skills when accomplishing tasks
- Experienced with using IT systems
- An excellent communicator
Who you are:
- Previous work experience within an administrative role
- Strong numeracy and written skills
- A demonstrable passion for tv, and drama content in particular
- A good understanding of linear and non-linear audiences and their viewing habits (i.e. terrestrial channels, Netflix, Prime, Britbox etc)
- Evidence of the ability to accurately manage a large volume of complex and detailed information in a highly process oriented environment
- Strong IT skills including Excel and database packages
- Experience with WHATS’On or another broadcast management system is desirable, but not essential
- Has a proactive and flexible approach to work and is comfortable with a dynamic environment with constantly changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships and work collaboratively with colleagues across all departments
- Able to manage multiple projects concurrently requiring excellent organisation
At UKTV, we are working in a hybrid environment with a mixture of home and office working. Getting together in the office as a team and a company gives colleagues an opportunity to build and maintain great relationships, encourages our culture of collaboration and creativity while recognising that colleagues need to have a healthy and happy work-life balance. You’ll agree with your manager the split of time you spend in the office or at home based on the role that you do, how often you come together as a team and your personal preference.
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment
At UKTV, our inclusion vision is to truly represent society in our workforce and on-screen, and create a culture of fairness and respect where we champion difference so that every person feels included and empowered to do their best work. We are committed to ensuring a level playing field at UKTV where all employees and job applicants are given equal opportunity, and that we have diverse voices at the table in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone and we want UKTV to be a place where you can be your authentic self, give your best and develop your career free from discrimination of any kind.
- Sets up all of the channels programmes (PLA, Acquisitions and commissions) into WHATS’On accurately and in line with deadlines/requirements
- Acts as the first point of contact for linear and non-linear schedule enquiries from other departments
- Complies the monthly non-linear schedules and boxsets taking into consideration linear priorities, stunts and available rights
- Responsible for scheduling designated parts of the week, and planning appropriate placeholders and burn out content where necessary
- Ensures that any non-linear rights are attached to content in WON, and that they are fully exploited on the appropriate platform, in line with transmission deadlines and requirements
- Distributes and checks accuracy of the programme information in the form of schedules, version triggers, series run orders and listings at the appropriate deadlines
- Checks for compliance issues in response to events and amends linear and non-linear schedule as required
- Provides responses to the viewer liasons team in relation to the channel’s content
- Understands the channel’s editorial strategy and works with the scheduling team to deliver it
- Plays an active role in the creative and editorial discussion around the linear and non-linear schedule, helping to generate ideas and curate content for stunts and events and maximising performance through the most effective use of the channels stock list
- Ensures compliance forms are accurate and WHATS’On has applied the correct limitation (especially regarding post watershed content that has moved to pre) and amends linear and non-linear schedule as required
- Liaises with other departments over schedule details
- Covers for other Channel Execs and deputises for the Schedule Manager when necessary
- Other tasks related to the business and running of the channel that may be required from time to time
- Lives and embraces UKTV’s values
UKTV has been at the forefront of branded television for over 30 years, entertaining the nation with programmes they love. Its leading brands - Dave, Gold, W, Drama, Alibi, Eden and Yesterday - span comedy, entertainment, natural history, factual and drama, and are delivered to audiences through UKTV Play, Freeview, Sky, Virgin Media, BT, TalkTalk, YouView, Freesat and Amazon Fire. The broadcaster is a significant investor in British creativity and is committed to working with new and established writers, directors and programme-makers.
UKTV is part of BBC Studios, the UK's most-awarded production company, a world-class distributor with international branded services, and a commercial subsidiary of the world's leading public service broadcaster, the BBC.