Reporting into the Head of Studios, the Studio Technical Manager will lead a studio production crew and ensure the smooth technical operation of live and recorded studio sports production and co-ordinate related post production and transmission requirements. Predominantly working on Premier League football.
- Studio Technical Manager predominantly for the Premier League studio, working directly with Premier League Productions.
- Oversee the PL studio and gallery whilst coordinating with other Studio Technical Managers also scheduled to work across the PL studio.
- Co-ordinate post production and MCR requirements related to studio production.
- Work with studio staff and engineers in preparation and planning of the PL Studio.
- Liaison with both the Lead Account Manager for PLP and PLP Technical Manager.
- Communicate necessary production information and developments to all relevant crew and staff.
- Assist engineers with technical rigging when required.
- Attend planning meetings with PLP and other studio clients.
- Compile studio reports / logs on each day’s recording.
- Assist engineers with maintenance and up-keep of studio and galleries.
- Keep all studio and related technical areas tidy and ready for use.
- Adhere to health and safety requirements (ie making sure risk assessments are done etc, fire lanes are clear etc).
- Maintain Covid-19 safe practice in the studio and gallery.
- Assist with hire or purchase of studio equipment when required.
- Ensure and organize equipment testing, ie PAT and yearly weight tests on lighting grids and other support gear.
- You may also be required to carry out any other duties which are within the scope and purpose of the job.
Required Qualifications (Knowledge & Experience)
- Previous experience as Studio Technical Manager or Studio Manager.
- Good knowledge of EVS operation and workflow systems.
- Excellent knowledge of all TV studio areas (sound, lighting, cameras, vision etc).
- Experience of working in live studio sports or news environment.
- Knowledge of post production and MCR practices.
- Experience of working with a variety of studio clients and production personnel at all levels.
- Knowledge of current studio health and safety practices.
- Ability to keep calm and react positively in a pressured environment.
- Encourage and develop crew skills.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to lead in the studio environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Good knowledge of IT.
- Experience with BNCS and with Riedel talkback systems.
- Relevant technical/engineering in TV production qualification.
- Good general education to at least A Level standard.
- Health and Safety training
- This is a fixed term (12 month) position, based at Stockley Park, Uxbridge (free on-site parking)
- 7 day fortnight pattern – 12 hour days
- Attending late night studio transmission and unsociable hours.
- Working at weekends.
- Working under pressure in a live studio environment.
We want you to have a career you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others.
IMG Studios is a premier production centre with state of the art studios, post production and live operations facilities. It houses 4 HD broadcast television studios, 9 production galleries, 3 dubbing suites, 50 edit destinations, 3 radio studios, an award winning 3D Graphics & Visual Effects team, and one of the largest data centres built specifically for digital media and broadcast in recent times. The Master Control Room includes 5 transmission suites and monitors over 200 HD lines in & out of the building. With its own satellite farm and direct links to many of the leading sports stadia in the UK, IMG Studios is at the centre of sports and entertainment production and distribution. IMG Studios boasts an exceptional team who work together to create a lively, friendly and professional workforce.