About the Role
The successful candidate will join the Timeline technology team and will be based at the BT Sport Studios in Stratford, East London. In this role, you will be responsible for System Support and enhancements on existing services and large-scale deployment of new services for the BT Sport facility. You will work for an organisation who constantly innovate to ensure they meet the technical demands of their innovative clients. Therefore, in addition to a proven record in Broadcast Engineering, you must possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of production workflows and the latest technology within the broadcast field.
Ensure that the operational needs of BT Sport, production partners and 3rd party shows are met effectively and that the technical requirements of the programmes are achieved by means of innovation and development.
- Providing escalated technical support for Tier 1 team members with a main focus on GVG Orbit and IP based workflows
- Develop workflows for complex operations that take into account the available technical and human resources
- Work closely with the Head of Production Technology to plan for future requirements. Where appropriate, approach BT with changes to technology and operational practice in order to deliver a consistent and improving service to BT Sport
- Working as part of a wider dynamic Tier 2 Support team towards operational and engineering excellence including developments and special projects within BT Sport
- Contributing to project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards, offering insight and advice in technical elements, completing technical studies and inputting and preparing cost estimates
- Responsible for technical implementation of Production Technology Engineering related aspects of projects across the entire estate and technical disciplines
- Confirming product performance by designing and conducting tests, ensuring the project adheres to pre-determined timeline milestones.
- Adhering to a project plan and ensuring consistent communication of status
- Documenting any changes and updating workflow documentation
- Working with the Engineering leads to ensure a stemless transition of new technology into the Tier 1 environment
- Work collaboratively with all departments to ensure correct allocation of resource and learnings are applied
This is a Monday to Friday role which will require some flexibility to meet position needs.
Knowledge, Skills and
- Must have extensive proven experience in a similar broadcast environment
- Be able to communicate at all levels to facilitate both clients and colleagues
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional documentation skills
- Broadcast engineering training and qualifications
- Excellent trouble shooting and diagnostics skills
In depth knowledge of any of the following:
- IP Broadcasting
- Network fundamentals
- TCP/IP Networks
- SDI Fundamentals
- SMPTE Standards
- GV Orbit (wpould be highly advantageous)
You will be eligible for a variety of employee benefits including but not limited to:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the Timeline Team – whether that is working in our engineering or technology roles or being part of our non-technical teams. We believe the more diverse our organisation is the more we are reflecting society and ensuring we are selecting from the broadest talent pool.
are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from
individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or