THE FORCE OF GRAVITY
Gravity Media exists to create world-class content that inspires and excites. Our 500 people serve clients in all markets, from sport and media to news and entertainment, working all over the world from bases in the UK, Australia, USA, France, Germany and Qatar.
We are driven by client service excellence. We’re always looking and listening, keeping up with the latest broadcast innovations – or pioneering them. Above all, we channel our energy into maintaining our reputation for flawless execution, deep technical expertise and efficient delivery.
OUR BRAND PROMISE
We use the collective power of our people and resources to capture, craft and create – putting our clients at the centre of our universe. We are expert, innovative and reliable; a guiding force in a complex world. It’s what we bring together that sets us apart.
Based in our Chiswick office, our Broadcast Engineers are responsible for the day-to-day operation and support of our technical facilities, both on and offsite, encompassing satellite downlink and fibre feeds, and providing EVS, Edit and Studio gallery guarantee.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day running of MCR and line operations encompassing satellite downlink and fibre services,
- EVS and studio gallery guarantee.
- MCR operations and co-ordination of live feeds from incoming lines through to playouts and line recordings and co-ordination of facilities in other technical areas such as post production.
- Quality checking of incoming and outgoing feeds, edited content for playout or dispatch and equipment movement for all areas.
- To assist the Resources department and operational staff to ensure all bookings are correctly resourced and delivered to meet the clients’ requirements.
- Maintaining broadcast and post-production technology across all broadcast systems.
- Providing support of broadcast technology at offsite operations.
- Undertaking of minor broadcast technology projects.
- Supporting other members of the Engineering team on major technology projects.
- Working with and configuration of industry standard file-based technology and workflows.
- Co-ordination of equipment movement across all operational areas.
- To assist in planning and implementing system and infrastructure upgrades and expansion.
- To maintain setup and system configuration across a range of broadcast equipment..
- Responding to new requirements as they arise and are delegated to the team by the Engineering Supervisor and Senior Engineers.
- Educated to a senior level within a scientific or equivalent and relevant discipline.
• Senior Applicants – At least three years of operational experience within a broadcast transmission environment.
• Junior Applicants – Any relevant experience, employment or otherwise, within the broadcasting industry.
- Video and audio formats used for Broadcast, HD-SDI, SD-SDI, ASI, AES, MADI etc.
- Principles of video and audio transmission.
- Broadcast monitoring. Broadcast Video Servers – EVS, AirSpeed.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Camera Channels, Vision, Switchers, Sound Mixer technology.
- Avid Post Production Systems, Media Composer, and NEXIS shared storage.
- Broadcast Graphics systems and data integration.
- EVS IPDirector, XTAccess etc.
- File encoding formats and delivery mechanisms.
- Understanding of structured cable systems and cable patching and routing.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills - ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both spoken and written forms.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Logical thinking with good problem-solving and fault finding skills in diverse systems.
- Ability to work under pressure in a live environment and within programme requirements.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and overnight.
- For junior applicants – any relevant experience, employment or otherwise, within the broadcasting industry.
- For senior applicants – a minimum of three years’ experience in an operational and broadcast engineering based role.