This is a FTC (Fixed Term Contract) ending no later than September 2024.
We are seeking a project Manager to lead and drive a critical transformation programme.
This role will lead on a key strategic project to support UKTV’s growth and transformation. Based in the Creative team, you’ll lead and help scope the project, and be responsible for co-ordinating the efforts of the team and third parties to deliver the project on time and to budget.
UKTV’s Creative department is an award-winning in-house team, responsible for creating and delivering on and off air promotion for our diverse network. Our work varies from large-scale originated projects, through design-led and content-based on-air executions to print, digital and radio.
Working closely with the wider Marketing team and a number of external agencies, the Creative team acts as a point of creative continuity and cohesion across all elements of the business, ensuring that UKTV is always represented by fresh, original and brand-defining communications. We are also creatively ambitious, with the desire to generate award-winning creative and successfully compete beyond broadcast with the marketing and creative community at large.
The Creative Team are responsible for delivering transformative projects across UKTV. As well as delivering critical projects on time and within budget, the team also work across the company to deliver UKTV’s creative ambition.
In this role you will get to…
- Lead a large, business critical transformation project
- Be a key part of the team that delivers a critical creative project which helps transform our business
- Use your relationship managements skills to manage and lead multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Make a significant contribution to our company growth strategy
We are looking for someone who has
- Previously managed complex creative projects, including all aspects of process development and execution
- Has a background in a project which has delivered significant change or transformation
- A proven background in managing complex projects with multiple moving parts
- Strong organisation and stakeholder management skills
- Experience working with multiple external contractors
- A robust understanding of broadcast / media systems and workflow
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Significant experience of managing complex projects, including all aspects of process development and execution
- Proven experience delivering projects to both tight budget and time constraints
- Able to motivate project teams, drive project progress, and effectively manage project blockers
- Has a structured approach and also comfortable in a very dynamic, fast paced and flexible environment, where requirements may be subject to change
- Strong relationship management and communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across a number of departments and services and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- A skilled influencer with substantial experience of effectively managing stakeholders across multiple disciplines and functions
- Able to work independently, be self-motivated, and be comfortable with complexity
UKTV has been at the forefront of branded television for over 30 years, entertaining the nation with programmes they love. Its leading brands - Dave, Gold, W, Drama, Alibi, Eden and Yesterday - span comedy, entertainment, natural history, factual and drama, and are delivered to audiences through UKTV Play, Freeview, Sky, Virgin Media, BT, TalkTalk, YouView, Freesat and Amazon Fire. The broadcaster is a significant investor in British creativity and is committed to working with new and established writers, directors and programme-makers.
UKTV is part of BBC Studios, the UK's most-awarded production company, a world-class distributor with international branded services, and a commercial subsidiary of the world's leading public service broadcaster, the BBC.