THE FORCE OF GRAVITY
Gravity Media exists to create world-class content that inspires and excites. Our 500 people serve clients in all markets, from sport and media to news and entertainment, working all over the world from bases in the UK, Australia, USA, France, Germany and Qatar.
We are driven by client service excellence. We’re always looking and listening, keeping up with the latest broadcast innovations – or pioneering them. Above all, we channel our energy into maintaining our reputation for flawless execution, deep technical expertise and efficient delivery.
OUR BRAND PROMISE
We use the collective power of our people and resources to capture, craft and create – putting our clients at the centre of our universe. We are expert, innovative and reliable; a guiding force in a complex world. It’s what we bring together that sets us apart.
Based primarily in our Watford office, the Vision Engineer will be required to travel globally as required by the projects department. The Vision Engineer will have a keen interest in broadcasting technology and the ability to work effectively with varying groups of people. Gravity Media’s Engineering department delivers on our customer requirements by ensuring we are at the top of our game with the adoption of new and emerging technologies, and ensure client projects are delivered on time and on budget.
To work as part of a crew to install temporary broadcast systems following technical documentation.
- Guarantee the smooth running and reliability of the equipment, whilst maintaining a professional service to clients.
- Configure and operate a wide range of video, audio, and computing equipment.
- Design and configure networked control systems. Integrate tally networks, multiviewers and video switcher, programs include VSM, Aurora & Tallyman.
- Configure video matrix and switchers, manufacturers include Sony, and Grassvalley. Identify and resolve faults within live systems with minimal interruption to the program’s production.
- Communicate in a professional manner, directly with production staff to facilitate their production needs.
Office Based Requirements:
- Undertake general routine maintenance and planned work.
- Prepare and test equipment prior to its shipping date.
- Work closely with the Assets team to prepare equipment, ensuring it is available to project account managers and the rental department.
- Assist in the planning of projects to fulfil the requirements set by the client.
- Research and source ‘equipment solutions’ to client needs if there is no solution available in stock.
- Assist in the preparation of equipment according to technical project documentation.
- Identify and repair faulty equipment.
- Remain up to date with evolving technology and process through continuous self-learning and professional development.
This position is based heavily on location which requires a large amount of international travel. Therefore, flexibility and a keen sense of adventure are a key requisite for the position.
Adhering to our company H&S policy and ensuring that all company risk assessments are observed where applicable to your role, taking ownership of improvements and escalating concerns where necessary.
Contribute to the continual improvement of our management systems to ensure compliance with our legal obligations and maintain certification.
- A relevant degree level qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Time management and how-to prioritise workload and asks.
- Can monitor a number of audio sources at the same time to be ready when called.
- Key communicator – can listen and understand requests without the need for asks to be repeated.
- Multitasker – have the dexterity to manage the audio desk and follow show running order while using the talkback panel to communicate with the Director etc.
- Willingness to learn outside your comfort zone and immerse yourself in learning new technologies.
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite apps, and ability to learn and utilise Google business apps.
- Previous experience working with outside broadcasting facilities/equipment.
- Experience of working in networked environments.
- Experience in CAD and Visio.
- Project planning and generation of technical documentation.
- An understanding of emerging IP standards and technology.
- Programming of broadcast control systems including - video/audio routing, GPIO and tally systems.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel to multiple locations across the world.