We have an exciting opportunity for a Product Manager to join the Digital Products team.
It is a truly exciting time to join UKTV Play as we are embarking on an ambitious multi-year plan to expand UKTV Play's position in the UK market. A key component of this expansion is the evolution and iterative user focused development of the UKTV Play digital proposition.
The Digital Products team has responsibility for the strategic road mapping, planning, rollout and continuous improvement of UKTV Play’s digital products, across a range of platforms including web, iOS, Android and Connected TV devices.
We’ve experienced rapid growth of UKTV Play, topping 88 million views last year and surpassed 6m registered users, and we’ve got an ambitious plan for delivering new content, features and functionality from 2023 and beyond.
In this role you will get to:
- Be a trusted member of the UKTV Product team with a shared belief and desire to take ownership and make UKTV Play a better user product
- Help shape the UKTV Play digital proposition
- Have a key role in influencing and building our new UKTV Play proposition from discovery, ideation, scoping, prioritisation and delivery
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience delivering video products for a fast-moving, consumer-facing audience
- An obsession with understanding customers’ needs and pain points and striving to deliver better
- An innate want to take ownership and the responsibility that come with it
- The ability to think and act both tactically and strategically about our product, handle ambiguity and changing priorities
What you will do…
- Understand the UKTV Play ambition, mission, goals and objectives, supporting the product strategy for customer facing VoD products; articulate and manage priorities, identify opportunities and clearly communicate to the wider company
- Evangelise the user: they are our primary focus and the basis of our success, in every product consideration/decision and in all communications with internal and external stakeholders
- Take ownership of one or more key-cross platform experience drivers/capabilities (Discovery, Consumption, Loyalty and Insights) with responsibility and accountability for the identification, definition, prioritisation and delivery of tactical and strategic product enhancements
- Support agile product delivery across our development and delivery teams
- Develop product definitions for new initiatives, prioritise based on user/business value and write product briefs, EPICs/features/user stories to enable delivery
- Work in a hands on manner within the agile team to deliver the best user focused VOD product, acting as a Product Owner where required
- Have responsibility for the quality and alignment to product briefs of your initiatives
- Work closely with Product Owners and delivery teams, ensuring that the product ask and acceptance criteria are understood
- Work closely with the Digital Content and Marketing teams to support content plans and marketing activities whilst championing user experience
- Support regular liaison with platforms, distribution partners and suppliers
- Keep abreast of relevant industry news, key digital and VoD trends from a product perspective
Who you are:
- Collaborative, pragmatic and adaptive: able to build strong and effective relationships, internally and externally, and influence others
- Passionate about User Experience and put the user at the centre of all analysis, design, and prioritisation activities
- Experienced managing product delivery across multiple platforms
- A Product Owner with experience writing intuitive, accurate and easy to understand user stories, prioritising and managing product backlogs and working collaboratively with design, development and QA
- An Agile Product Owner that wants to support their team/squad
- An analytical thinker that can understand problems and work collaboratively to identify and design the appropriate solutions
- Technical aptitude: familiarity with different technologies and streaming architectures with an ability to communicate the same to non-technical audiences
- At ease working on mainstream product platforms inc. Jira, Confluence, Miro, Craft etc…
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced agile environment and willing to support the wider team
- Diplomatic, and a good negotiator
At UKTV, our inclusion vision is to truly represent society in our workforce and on-screen, and create a culture of fairness and respect where we champion difference so that every person feels included and empowered to do their best work. We are committed to ensuring a level playing field at UKTV where all employees and job applicants are given equal opportunity, and that we have diverse voices at the table in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone and we want UKTV to be a place where you can be your authentic self, give your best and develop your career free from discrimination of any kind.
UKTV has been at the forefront of branded television for over 30 years, entertaining the nation with programmes they love. Its leading brands - Dave, Gold, W, Drama, Alibi, Eden and Yesterday - span comedy, entertainment, natural history, factual and drama, and are delivered to audiences through UKTV Play, Freeview, Sky, Virgin Media, BT, TalkTalk, YouView, Freesat and Amazon Fire. The broadcaster is a significant investor in British creativity and is committed to working with new and established writers, directors and programme-makers.
UKTV is part of BBC Studios, the UK's most-awarded production company, a world-class distributor with international branded services, and a commercial subsidiary of the world's leading public service broadcaster, the BBC.