We have an exciting opportunity for a Media Planning Assistant to join the Media Planning team.
Through considered Continuity and Navigation planning, to influence viewer behaviour to increase viewing of UKTV’s linear and non-linear services.
Enhance the viewer experience and brand affinity through your careful management of your channel’s promo inventory and continuity planning
In this role you will get to:
- Work on some of the UK’s best loved TV channels
- Influence the viewer journey for audiences coming into the UKTV network
- Sit within and learn from an industry leading team
We are looking for someone who has:
- Immaculate attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage their workload
- Passion and enthusiasm for Television
Who you are:
- A passionate TV enthusiastic preferably with some experience of working within the TV industry
- Excellent attention to detail
- PC literate with excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Good numeracy & an analytical approach.
- Can operate in a deadline driven environment and deal with changing priorities
- Able to deal with schedule changes and act accordingly in amending campaigns and continuity plans.
- Able to manage multiple schedules concurrently requiring excellent organisation and attention to detail.
At UKTV, we are working in a hybrid environment with a mixture of home and office working. Getting together in the office as a team and a company gives colleagues an opportunity to build and maintain great relationships, encourages our culture of collaboration and creativity while recognising that colleagues need to have a healthy and happy work-life balance. You’ll agree with your manager the split of time you spend in the office or at home based on the role that you do, how often you come together as a team and your personal preference.
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment
At UKTV, our inclusion vision is to truly represent society in our workforce and on-screen, and create a culture of fairness and respect where we champion difference so that every person feels included and empowered to do their best work. We are committed to ensuring a level playing field at UKTV where all employees and job applicants are given equal opportunity, and that we have diverse voices at the table in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone and we want UKTV to be a place where you can be your authentic self, give your best and develop your career free from discrimination of any kind.
- Assist Media Planners across the UKTV Network in delivering the team goals
- Responsible for handing over schedules to deadlines, ensuring the schedule is complete and OFCOM compliant across all elements of onair promotion and continuity
- Create and set up promos in our scheduling system, ensuring that all promotional elements and campaign parameters are correct and fit for transmission
- Implement the media planners’ continuity plans within the scheduling systems i.e. setting up graphic and voiceover placeholders and generating accurate on-screen graphics
- If required, take responsibility for producing weekly continuity and navigation plans ensuring optimal use of each channel’s continuity allocation. Ensure plans are in line with campaigns, business focused, on brand, editorially sound and compliant with OFCOM guidelines
- Prepare schedules for handovers adding and amending on-air elements ready for final checks, and ensure that any missing information is chased up
- Assist the media planner in the administration of the designated channel’s on-air promotional campaigns as required
- Support the media planner in carrying out audience research and analysis which will aid the planning and evaluation of both promos and continuity
- Manage the menu stills required for the channel as defined by the media planner and agreed by the Continuity Manager. Maintain the stills makelist, on-air data and workflow, being a key contact for stills delivery and liaising across the team to provide delivery updates
- Maintain continuity announcements in the scheduling database
- Schedule opted promos in accordance with platform requirements
- Creation of a network cross-promotion report that aids in monitoring and maintenance of continuity reporting
- Be willing to take on extra network duties above channel responsibilities.
- Assist the Network Media Planning Manager in setting up campaigns within Optimiser and monitoring of campaigns versus plan
- Harness team spirit across UKTV and collaborate with colleagues across the business to deliver successful projects and campaigns
- Establish a strong relationship within your own team, programming, creative, comms and continuity announcers
- Deputise for media planners when required
UKTV has been at the forefront of branded television for over 30 years, entertaining the nation with programmes they love. Its leading brands - Dave, Gold, W, Drama, Alibi, Eden and Yesterday - span comedy, entertainment, natural history, factual and drama, and are delivered to audiences through UKTV Play, Freeview, Sky, Virgin Media, BT, TalkTalk, YouView, Freesat and Amazon Fire. The broadcaster is a significant investor in British creativity and is committed to working with new and established writers, directors and programme-makers.
UKTV is part of BBC Studios, the UK's most-awarded production company, a world-class distributor with international branded services, and a commercial subsidiary of the world's leading public service broadcaster, the BBC.