We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst FTC to join the Tech & Ops team.
It is a truly exciting time to join UKTV as we are embarking on an ambitious multi-year plan to expand UKTV’s position in the UK market. A key component of this expansion is the evolution, management, development and delivery of the Products and services that are key to UKTV and relevant to BBC Studios.
As a Business Analyst, your role will be critical within the team, interfacing with many areas of the business, understanding how they contribute to UKTV’s media supply chain and identifying where and how technology and operations can improve business areas. The successful candidate will have experience working on digital propositions and ideally Media Asset Management, Scheduling, Rights, Compliance, metadata, infrastructure and SaaS based solutions.
In this role you will get to:
- Use your analysis expertise to help improve and extend UKTV systems and processes
- Help UKTV continue to meet changing business needs in the exciting world of Television and Video On Demand
We are looking for someone who has:
- Strong Business Analysis experience, ideally in a media industry or with experience of digital supply chains
- An obsession with understanding internal customers’ needs and pain points and striving to deliver better
- A positive, friendly approach with excellent communication skills
- Ideally some complex or technical analysis experience, for example working with APIs, xml, or data migrations
Who you are:
- A Business Analyst with experience writing intuitive, accurate and easy to understand user stories, working collaboratively with design, development and QA
- Experienced in gathering, analysing and documenting business and system requirements for large scale technology projects and incremental enhancements
- Experienced documenting functional design and processes for as-is and to-be scenarios
- Collaborative, pragmatic and adaptive: able to build strong and effective relationships, internally and externally, and influence others
- Passionate about User Experience and put the user at the centre of all analysis, requirements and design activities
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced agile environment and willing to support the wider team
- An excellent communicator with the ability to distinguish needs from wants and to help prioritise business needs
- Comfortable working closely with stakeholders, developers, architects and project managers in a delivery-focussed team
- Experienced in/around media-based companies. Beneficial experience might be: Broadcast Management or Media Supply Chain, MediaGenix, Digital Asset Management, Digital File Delivery, Video on Demand, Linear Playout, Workflow Management or Schedule Management solutions
- Experience working with What’s On or similar scheduling systems is desirable but not essential
- Ideally experienced working with APIs and data flows, including any understanding of data flow diagrams, data structures/relationships, or file formats (such as xml, xsd or json)
- Any experience of system configuration or coding may be an advantage but is not essential
- Able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff, and act as a translator
- Experienced producing documentation appropriate for both technical and non-technical stakeholders: e.g. scope, objectives and assumptions, process flows, user stories, acceptance criteria, impact analysis, training materials
- A logical person who takes a structured approach to work while comfortable in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
At UKTV, we are working in a hybrid environment with a mixture of home and office working. Getting together in the office as a team and a company gives colleagues an opportunity to build and maintain great relationships, encourages our culture of collaboration and creativity while recognising that colleagues need to have a healthy and happy work-life balance. You’ll agree with your manager the split of time you spend in the office or at home based on the role that you do, how often you come together as a team and your personal preference.
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment
At UKTV, our inclusion vision is to truly represent society in our workforce and on-screen, and create a culture of fairness and respect where we champion difference so that every person feels included and empowered to do their best work. We are committed to ensuring a level playing field at UKTV where all employees and job applicants are given equal opportunity, and that we have diverse voices at the table in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone and we want UKTV to be a place where you can be your authentic self, give your best and develop your career free from discrimination of any kind.
- Become an expert on UKTV’s business processes and those of our partners
- Become an expert on UKTV’s usage of the systems and data that enable those processes
- Identify, analyse and document business requirements derived from company strategy and business needs, working with internal stakeholders and third parties
- Map as-is and to-be workflows
- Document requirements and impacts using appropriate methods, for example: process diagrams, use cases, user stories, acceptance criteria, data flows, data mapping descriptions, impact analysis
- Support key stakeholders with the identification and definition of business change opportunities
- Investigate system and process issues to identify options for improvement
- Work closely with stakeholders including project managers, architects, product owners, super users, developers and testers to ensure requirements are traceable throughout the project life cycle
- Contribute to definition of objectives, scope, assumptions, estimates and business cases
- Identify and engage the appropriate stakeholders for assigned areas of work and provide effective communication to all parties
- Work with stakeholders, developers and testers to ensure that requirements are clearly articulated and understood to support successful delivery
- Participate in Agile ceremonies (stand ups, sprint planning, retrospectives etc) to support solution development and process improvement
- Review and contribute to solution designs, test packs and delivered solutions to ensure that requirements are met
- Lead or assist with the implementation and planning of training, documentation and change management
- Live and role-model UKTV’s values
- Suggest innovative and creative solutions to meet business challenges
- Contribute to forward thinking throughout the business
- May be required to work on multiple projects concurrently - requiring excellent organisation skills
UKTV has been at the forefront of branded television for over 30 years, entertaining the nation with programmes they love. Its leading brands - Dave, Gold, W, Drama, Alibi, Eden and Yesterday - span comedy, entertainment, natural history, factual and drama, and are delivered to audiences through UKTV Play, Freeview, Sky, Virgin Media, BT, TalkTalk, YouView, Freesat and Amazon Fire. The broadcaster is a significant investor in British creativity and is committed to working with new and established writers, directors and programme-makers.
UKTV is part of BBC Studios, the UK's most-awarded production company, a world-class distributor with international branded services, and a commercial subsidiary of the world's leading public service broadcaster, the BBC.