Venues Account Manager
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Based at Venue (Science Museum)
The Role Summary
In this client-facing position, the successful candidate will be responsible for business and brand
development across a small selection of venues serviced by a technical delivery team. Preparing
proposals for prospective clients across a wide range of event sizes and formats. Attending presales
show rounds and creating event concepts for clients.
The ideal candidate will currently be working within the production industry as an Account or Sales
Manager and have experience within a range of event scales and genres particularly within the
venue partnership arena. To be considered you must have excellent people skills and a detailed
understanding of AV, lighting, staging and rigging and work with the company to develop, promote
and develop the brand.
The role also includes the development of our strategic partnership with the Group that owns the
venue. The candidate will be expected to develop relationships across the organisation to capitalise
on opportunities beyond event services at the venue.
While you will be focussed on a primary venue you will be expected to support sales across the
Managed Services portfolio.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Liaison with high-level clients, attend client meetings and show rounds.
• Preparation and administration proposals including the sourcing and quotations for externally provided equipment and services and the correct pricing for these.
• Liaison with the venue sales departments, reporting and strategy development.
• Creation of 2D floor plans, set designs and additional supporting documents for proposals.
• Accurate entering of information into our hire management and CRM systems.
• Responsibility for billing via our automated system
• Close liaison with the Delivery Teams to ensure that won work is managed effectively.
• Creating proposals that satisfy client budgets while maintaining expected margins and overall commercial viability.
• Close liaison with other members of the Business Winning team on wider strategy.
• An understanding of the wider client account and the ability to connect with both internal
and external teams to ensure a joined-up approach to the wide variety of service offers.
• Proven IT skills, including use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access applications and PowerPoint). Working knowledge of an internal e-mail system and electronic diary is essential.
• Previous experience of multi-level quotations and proposals including supporting documents
such as floor plans and set designs.
• Previous experience in a technical Venue Sales role.
• Very strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Financial acumen and understanding the responsibility of an Account Manager in ensuring
the profitability of event delivery.
• Commercial awareness and experience dealing with a multi-stakeholder environment
• General understanding/awareness of venue service provision and practical event practices
Personal Competencies and Behaviours
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels
• Relating to others and working as a member of a team.
• Deadline conscious-highly organised with the ability to prioritise and multi-task managing a
challenging workload and meet strict deadlines
• Willing and flexible approach, with the ability to work on own initiative
• Excellent time management and planning skills, forward-thinking and able to add value.
• Key Policies and Core Values.
• To work alongside the members of other teams and communicate effectively
• To learn about the company and its activities in order to understand and deal with the
• Maintain confidentiality at all times
• To represent the company in a courteous and appropriate manner in all circumstances
• To follow correct procedures at all times and to follow the policies laid out in the staff handbook
• An awareness of health and safety policies, and risk assessments and be proactive in implementing them.
• To carry out your duties and responsibilities in a manner that reflects the Core Values of
d&b Solutions at all times
d&b solutions were formed in 2021 following the acquisition of SFL Group and White
Light Ltd and their respective subsidiaries. Our new organisation provides integrated
audio, video, lighting, and media services, delivering complete solutions for hire and
sales of technical equipment, live events, and venue installations and support. Working alongside d&b audiotechnik we are on a mission together to transform life experiences.
Apart from the duties summarised in this job description, we retain the right in consultation
with the postholder to include other reasonable duties, which are part of, and incidental to,
this type of work.
We want to recruit, and retain the most talented people, regardless of their background. We
recognise that being a diverse and inclusive employer helps us fulfil our responsibility to make
a difference for our staff, our clients and in our industry. Actively valuing differences enhances
the way we work and people from different backgrounds and experiences bring valuable insights to the way we operate, generating new ideas and perspectives as well making us representative of the community and society.
Please email your CV, salary expectations, and cover details