Job Title: Scenic Carpenter
You will be working as part of the Scenic Team delivering exciting projects from
design through to building and completion, including site installation. You will love
being creative with a keen eye for detail and enjoy working within team of not just
your peers and line management but also Project Managers, Engineers and
Freelancers. You can manage workloads such that different projects can be
In the workshop
• Use your foundation of DIY or carpentry skills to construct items from Scenic Order Forms and plans, fully supported by the Scenic Team.
• Apply different finishes to the items. Such as painting, covering/upholstery, wrapping, laminating and graphics application etc.
• Keep abreast of current and new types of materials and joining/application methods.
• Work to production schedules often with tight deadlines.
• Ensure any changes or problems are communicated to all relevant parties.
• Prep and package items and assist with loading to ensure safe delivery to the
• Assist with unloading and de-prepping into storage, recycling, or disposal.
• Practice good housekeeping always and follow the cleaning schedule.
• Support the installation and de-rig of scenic sets and stages.
• To take direction from the Project Manager and work to deliver to the schedule.
• Always ensure good housekeeping and that the site is left safe, clean and tidy.
• To always provide excellent customer service to clients.
About You -Essential:
• Basic DIY experience or skills, love of working with your hands and tools.
• A keen eye for detail and quality of delivery.
• Self-motivated and able to work under your own initiative, with an enthusiastic
and flexible approach – either alone or as part of a team.
• Current Driving Licence
• Carpentry and joinery skills. Previous experience of working in a carpentry workshop e.g. Routing, Chop saw, Wall saw, CNC machining, Laminating
• City & Guilds NVQ Carpentry courses
• A working knowledge of the use and maintenance of workshop equipment.
• Sound knowledge of the production process and timescales needed to meet
• Experience working on events including conferences and exhibitions.
• Knowledge of CAD tools (Sketchup, CAD etc.) and/or drawing packages (Vectorworks)
• Forklift license
Location: Unit 5, Headley Park 10, Woodley, Reading, RG5 4SW
Apart from the duties summarised in this job description, we retain the right in consultation with the
post holder to include other reasonable duties, that are part of, and incidental to, this type of work.
Please email your CV, salary expectations, and cover details