Account Manager Hire
Reports to: BD Manager
Based: Reading Branch
About the role
You will be a key member of the growing Hire and Business Development team, responding to client
requests to support their events by supplying equipment.
You will grow the client base and maintain excellent relationships with existing clients. As a hardworking, dynamic, committed, and self-motivated individual with industry experience, you will be fulfilling a sales role with customer service and client interaction at its core, ensuring that the best
service is offered to our clients of all sizes.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
• To provide quotes in a timely manner
• Be one of the main point of contact for dry hire
• Follow up on leads
• Seek feedback from clients after a hire – what can we do better, what went well
• Client retention – follow up all clients that have not had contact in 6 months
• Client visits
• Account Management – customer needs, relationships, customer feedback, opportunities for
• Achieve and exceed the targets set each year – e.g., new clients, repeat business.
• Ensure that each contact knows what d&b Solutions can offer
• Delegate when a client wants a larger solution, that will need more than just a dry hire
• Manage key d&b Solutions accounts and seek opportunities for new business and clients wherever possible.
• Attend networking events to push and strengthen relationships, see the emerging
kit coming to the market
• Communication of product awareness – courses, new products to market, new hire stock
• Sales process by using Hirehop from the start of quote to invoicing or cancelling quote
• Supplier relationships management
• An ability to source quotations from external suppliers as and when necessary
• Regular financial reporting to support business planning and forecasts.
• Regular reporting of customer feedback and success rate to help shape future service offering
• Focus on excellent customer service
• Technical knowledge of Sound, Lighting and Visual systems and their applications
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• A team player
• Ability to problem solve, work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Highly self-motivated with a flexible “can-do” attitude and able to work on their own initiative
• Enjoy working in a team but able to work independently
• Punctual, trustworthy, and honest
• Adaptability and ability to transfer knowledge
• Ability to understand and comply with the companies Health and Safety policy
• Knowledge of HireHop
• Understanding of current industry product lines (e.g., d&b, Shure, Sennheiser Midas, Yamaha,
Location: Unit 5, Headley Park 10, Woodley, RG5 4SW.
Apart from the duties summarised in this job description, we retain the right in consultation with the
post holder to include other reasonable duties, that are part of, and incidental to, this type of work.
Please email your CV, salary expectations, and cover details