Warner Bros. Discovery Sports
6/12 Months initial contract
West London / Hybrid working
£25ph Inside IR35 via umbrella
This role will be responsible for the break optimisation and Presentation Scheduling across our portfolio of WBD Sports and Entertainment channels across the UK, Nordic Free To Air, Eurosport and EMEA market. It involves liaising with the Programme Planning Team, Sport, Sales and Marketing Departments as well as the in-house Content Operations, Compliance, Live On-Air Team and Transmission Teams to ensure the delivery of fully optimised, editorially sound and compliant playlists.
- Preparing mid-term programme schedules, ensuring these are accurate for press release. Break modelling, optimising on–air and commercial time and preparing live sport break structure in accordance with Sport Department guidelines.
- Support scheduling of live sport broadcasts including provision of contingency playlists. Ensure commercial/promotional inventory is optimised.Providing assistance to the Live Team on the day of broadcast.
- Being reactive to changes in programme content, sport rights and repeats of live events, adjusting the schedules accordingly. Execute playlist updates and manual changes in accordance with set procedures ensuring broadcast reliability.
- Daily on-air scheduling, liaising with in-territory and UK departments to ensure a fully optimised and compliant playlist.
- Schedule on-air look in accordance with channel and slot branding. Schedule special placement graphics, such as legal required graphics or commercial graphics.
- Liaising with Content, Production and Transmission Teams to follow up technical issues related to scheduled material such as commercials, programmes, trailers and subtitles in running playlists or scheduled for immediate broadcast.
- Support the team with the VOD tasks as and when required including managing changes and keeping metadata, assets and promos accurate and available.
- Support the team with EPG tasks as and when required including Publishing and maintaining the EPG data with the latest and accurate information.
- Being reactive to changes in programme content, duration and versions, adjusting the EPG schedules accordingly, Monitor live PPV events ensuring parameters are correct and data
- Assist and support other teams within the Department with various ad-hoc tasks as needed.
- Experience in free to air/commercial on-air scheduling, this is not an entry level position.
- Great understanding of sport & live broadcast is a must.
- Good knowledge of the scheduling system What’s On or equivalent system.
- An understanding of the end to end broadcast chain.
- Good knowledge of break optimisation and marketing strategies is beneficial.
- Knowledge of OfCom, BLM, CSA & other European Regulatory bodies.
- Self-starter, highly motivated and a good team player.
- Capable of decision making and maintaining high performance while working under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships within an organisation.
- Excellent attention to detail and a structured approach to problem solving.
Please apply to find out more information