About the Role
The Engineer's primary duties will be to support Timeline’s live broadcast and post production facilities at Ealing Studios.
The successful candidate will support a range of specialist systems including:
- EVS Systems - IPDirector, XSquare, XT, XS, XTA, XFILE
- Avid Interplay Systems, NEXIS, Media Composer clients
- Adobe Premiere & Creative Suite
- Aspera file acceleration services
- StorNext, Harmonic Media Grid and NAS Storage System
The Engineer will be required to work at high levels of technical complexity, under programme and/or operational pressures.
- Display a clear understanding of the fundamentals of file-based editing workflows.
- To support the effective operation of Media Systems and workflows.
- Ingest media from a variety of sources (including card, hard drive, file delivery)
- Creation of AS11 and file delivery to major broadcasters via Aspera, Signiant
- Monitor and optimise the performance of media servers and storage systems, non-linear edit suites (Adobe, Avid, Davinci Resolve, FCPX)
- Provide first line support and address technical faults in a timely and professional manner, communicating and escalating issues as required, and ensure alternative ways of meeting requirements are identified and implemented promptly.
- Guide Editors, Operators and production staff through complex operational scenarios & workflows.
- Maintain and operate equipment in Edit Support, CAR, edit suites and associated technical areas.
- Support media operations.
- Evaluate new software and hardware.
- Create and document new workflows.
- Display knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot modern media and broadcast infrastructure, including:
- IT and TCP/IP networking infrastructure
- SAN integration and connectivity
In order to perform this role, the candidate should demonstrate the following as a minimum:
- A passion for edit platforms and/or broadcast technology
- Knowledge and experience of media, editing and general computer systems as they relate to a broadcast/post-production environment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- The ability to work both alone and as part of a team, and to remain calm under pressure.
- A positive, enthusiastic manner with an ability to react tactfully and sympathetically to requests from operational and production staff.
- Customer awareness and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Methodical: Demonstrate clear logical thinking in fault-finding and problem solving. Able to discern relevant information when evaluating technical and client requirements.
- Adaptability: Demonstrate flexibility and respond effectively to new challenges. Adapt to changing requirements. Show openness to changes in business requirements and needs.
We offer an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across Timeline’s various locations.
The successful candidate will also eligible for a variety of employee benefits, including: