Position: Production Test Engineer
Responsible to: Production Manager
Overall Purpose and Scope
To test, fault-find and repair TSL products and sub-assemblies. A key requirement is the ability to interpret circuit diagrams and fault find to component level in an effective way and ensure products are tested in line with current health and safety and legal requirements and safe working practices are adhered to.
You will also help develop test processes and procedures that ensure efficient and effective testing of products and provide feedback on test results to help drive continuous improvement.
· To ensure all safety requirements are met and all mains powered equipment is safety tested before power is applied.
· To carry out test and repair of TSL’s products.
· To assist in the production and/or review of test procedures and test aids that ensure cost effective testing is provided while ensuring acceptable quality standards are met.
· To ensure test procedures are complied with and all data logging and record keeping requirements are met.
· To ensure company quality procedures are adhered to.
· Carry out customer repairs.
· To work to assigned priorities such that production priorities are met.
· To maintain the calibration status of key test equipment.
· Fault diagnosis of non-conforming PCB assemblies and flag for return to suppliers.
· High level of expertise in the testing and fault finding of analogue and digital equipment to component level.
· Experience in the testing and fault finding of broadcast audio and video equipment a distinct advantage.
· Familiar with or knowledge of SMPTE 2110 / 2022-6 video over IP protocols.
· Familiar with SDI, HDSDI, AES
· Familiar with or knowledge of AES67, Dante and Ravenna audio over IP protocols.
· IP/IT network experience an advantage
· Experience of Xilinx/mplab platform programming via USB/header cable
· Familiar with safety requirements and capable of testing mains powered equipment.
· Highly quality and customer focussed with excellent attention to detail and a continuous improvement mindset – ISO9001 experience desirable.
· Ability to multi-task and work within tight deadlines. A dedicated, enthusiastic and flexible approach is required.
· Familiarity of working within a small production team is advantageous. The candidate must be willing to be cross-trained outside the usual job role if required.
· Able to work to priorities as directed and able to use initiative when required.
· This role may require communication directly with suppliers and customers and a pleasant manner and good communication skills are essential.
· Qualified to ONC/HNC or suitable experience.
· High level of computer skills including Microsoft Word, Mail and Excel. This will include loading of software, product configuration, data logging and programming of test equipment.
· Good team player.